2nd Press IA Function

middle_pickup

I thought this was a cool feature. I'm interested in how others are using it. Seems like I could use it somehow, but haven't decided yet. Basically looking for ideas here.

I thought of a use for second press functions! I'm going to program all of my preset buttons to resend the auto tap signal.

Sometimes the auto tap can be wonky if you change through banks (songs) too fast. You have to wait for a newly selected song's tempo to finish being tapped before moving to another song.

This happened a couple of times to me. When my Deluxe Memory Man would get the wrong tempo like this I had to change to another song, let that tempo be sent, and then return to the actual song I needed for its tempo to be correctly sent. This new feature will save me so much time!

I've also noticed that sometimes when I return to my board after a while the Deluxe Memory Man will have drifted slightly from the correct tempo. This will allow me to fix that immediately.

Anyone know how I can program the buttons this way? I can probably play around with it and figure it out, but I would love to know.

Hmmm, it might not do it because the tempo numbers are the same. I'll have to think about it and figure out if there's any way to trick it into sending the taps again.

I could really use this feature since I am unable to use Midi Clock at the moment. Maybe just a setting that always sends auto tap when you change presets within a song.

Back