4.0 is coming

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry I've been so silent on the upcoming 4.0 release. It's been a lot of work and I've been at it since June. I probably should have split it into two releases, but too late now! I hope to have a beta release out there before Christmas, and that should be feasible. There's only one moderately complicated feature and a handful of small ones left to do.

In case you're interested, here's a partial list of what's going to be in there. There are no huge "revolutionary" features, I'm afraid, but a lot of smaller things that I hope will be useful for you. A lot of restructuring went on behind the scenes which should make future improvements easier.

- External switches are now able to be specified for each button pages. Preset-level overrides still are available.
- External switches pay attention to the button color settings, at least as much as they can. "Black" means LED off, any other color means LED on
- Presets can have colors assigned to them, which will be displayed when their preset button is selected, overriding the preset button's color
- There's a new "Preset 2nd Press" option: alternate. This allows you to set an alternate preset number for each preset, and a second press on a preset button will recall that alternate preset. Kind of like global preset, but you can have a different alternate preset for each preset.
- A special color can be set to indicate that an alternate preset is active.
- When in song and setlist mode, you can select songs outside of the current setlist and can select presets outside of the current song.
- Function switches now have the same global / local, lock / override settings that audio loops do
- Loops and function switches now have an additional setting on the global level. They can be independent in addition to being locked or unlocked. Independent loops or switches don't change automatically on preset change, they stay in the state you leave them. Just like a button with "Update on Preset Change" turned off.
- IA Link now works with buttons that have a System / Preset action (will automatically be highlighted when that preset is selected)
- Click Stopper is no longer triggered when changing function switches
- There is a new Expression Pedal action that allows you to load one of 128 different expression pedal settings blocks on the fly. This replaces the expression pedal grouping feature.
- Fixed "Dry Mix" selection in editor.
- There's a new Audio action subtype "Input", which controls the input mute on the PBC.
- The tuner now has Chromatic and Guitar modes. The latter allows you to specify capo (+/- offset in semitones) and offsets for each string (in cents).
- Internal tuner can be disabled
- In setup mode, you can now format a flash drive directly from the PBC
- MIDI Forward mode allows you to use the PBC as a MIDI interface. This allows the PBC to work with the Strymon Nixie editor to communicate with your Strymon pedals.
- New action: System / Song
- System / Setlist and System / Song actions now have "prev" and "next" special values
- MIDI Clock now has an Auto setting, that acts as a slave when a clock is incoming, and acts as a master when there is no incoming clock
- System / BPM action allows you to change tempo on the fly. Special values are "Off" (no clock), "Preset" (use current preset's tempo), "Song" (use current song's tempo), and "Same" (keep current tempo)
- Presets and songs also can use the above special values (where appropriate)
- PC action now has "same" and "previous" special values to resend last sent PC, or to send the previous PC (2nd to last sent)
- There's now a setting to enable sending MIDI Start / Stop messages when the clock starts and stop
- Added a System / IA Store action, works just like an IA Store button except doesn't necessarily need to be held (unless you put it on a Hold button)
- Button name display now has an adjustable time period
- Added a setting to send (or not send) tempo to the MIDI In port's secondary output pins
- Added an "Ignore Preset Tempos" checkbox, when checked, all tempos in all presets will be ignored, using only song or button tempos
- Fixed Strymon CCs
- Added Boss MD-500, RV-500 support
- Added Empress Echosystem, Reverb and Tremolo support
- When switching setlists, will always start at the beginning of the new setlist

That's most of it, a few others will still be added in the next week.

Dude… Sounds revolutionary to me! I can’t wait to get a hold of this, this sounds awesome! If all of this is in there, it takes care of basically every thing I wanted on the PBC!

Wow... Ron... you're the man. :)
VERY excited about the new Function Switch options for my Strymon Brigadier Favorite setting.

Can an "Autoplay/Auto Collect" function be added?

That way, I don't even need to show up at the gig. The PBC will automatically play my gig and collect payment.

Mike

Hi Ron! The new option "There's a new "Preset 2nd Press" option: alternate. This allows you to set an alternate preset number for each preset, and a second press on a preset button will recall that alternate preset" is that I wanted!!!! You're the best, thanks a lot!

I don't understand 1/2 of what the PBC is capable of now. When this comes out, I'll understand less than 1/10th... o_O

Big update, Ron! Thanks for continuing a mythical level of support for your products and artists!

Back