4.2b2 bug with AFIII Plex Delay bypass control?

iaresee

I have an IA assigned to bypass/engage Plex Delay 1. In a factory AFIII preset with a Plex Delay 1 instance ('59 Bassguy) in it, it'll flash on and then immediately turn off. There's no noticable change to the bypass state of the Plex Delay 1 instance on the AFIII when this happens.

If I toggle the state of the Plex Delay #1 from the AFIII the switch state changes and stays changed on the GT/22.

No other IAs are mis-behaving like this one.

There is definitely nothing else connected to this block on the AFIII that might be interfering with the GT/22's ability to control it.

Not sure what it could be.

Edit: AFIII is running 16.00b2 -- I'll try updating to 17.00 now.

Switch settings are:

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 12.55.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 12.55.35 PM.png

Last edited:
Seems to be a problem with Plex Delay instance 2 as well. I tried some other complicated block types like Multidelay and Ten Tap and they were fine and work as expected.

Upgraded the AFIII to 17.00 and now the GT/22 doesn't think there's a Plex Delay instance in the preset at all and the IA for it is disabled.

Definitely a bug here but I don't which side it's on.

I'm not seeing the issue with the disabled Plex Delay button. In your file, the button is set to control Plex Delay 2, and if I put the Plex Delay 2 block in a preset, the button does light up.

The other issue is a known issue, and I'm working on it with Fractal. If you quit Axe-Edit, you should be able to change your IAs on the GT without any trouble.

Ron,

The Plex Delay issue happens on my rig too. Also with Looper, RingMod.
This is not the channel select issue, but being unable to switch these fx on and off.

RJM: 4.2 Beta 2
Axe-Fx: 1.17.

Ron,

The Plex Delay issue happens on my rig too. Also with Looper, RingMod.
This is not the channel select issue, but being unable to switch these fx on and off.

RJM: 4.2 Beta 2
Axe-Fx: 1.17.

Is the problem that the effect button is enabled but you can't get it to turn on on the Axe-Fx, or is that the Plex Delay button is blacked out? Both problems were reported in this thread. The first one is related to the channel select issue and will be fixed in the next release. The latter one I can't reproduce so far.

Case:
  • The Axe-Fx preset has a Looper block. Whether the block is engaged or bypassed in the Axe-Fx preset, makes no difference.
  • The GT shows the Looper block as present.
  • When pressing the button, it lits up very shortly, then dims again. There's no response from the Axe-Fx. So I can't make the effect turn on or off.
This only happens with fx/buttons in the last part of the the GT's list of functions: Looper, RingMod, Plex Delay. Didn't test others.

In your file, the button is set to control Plex Delay 2, and if I put the Plex Delay 2 block in a preset, the button does light up.
My bad. I must have saved it with Plex 2. But this is not what I'm experiencing with either Plex 1 or Plex 2. If I have a Plex 2 block in the preset and a Plex 2 button, and the block is disabled on the AFIII, I can't use the GT's button to enable the block. It's not blacked out, it just doesn't change the state of the Plex 1 block (or Plex 2 block). It lights up briefly and then reverts to the disabled state.

I can take a video in a bit that shows the problem.

The other issue is a known issue, and I'm working on it with Fractal. If you quit Axe-Edit, you should be able to change your IAs on the GT without any trouble.
I'm not running Axe-Edit while working on things. I'm just running the latest MMGT editor beta.

No need to do videos or anything, as long as there isn't a situation where the button is blacked out, then I know what the problem is and have addressed it already. The bug affects the ability to bypass or change channels on all effect blocks towards the end of the block list.

No need to do videos or anything, as long as there isn't a situation where the button is blacked out, then I know what the problem is and have addressed it already. The bug affects the ability to bypass or change channels on all effect blocks towards the end of the block list.
Yup. That sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing. Thank you!

Back