A Little Embarrassing....(and a GCX question)

Coalface

…….that I own a pair of GT22's including one of the pre-order run ones in the shiny black powder coat (first 25 Ron?)……..and have never graduated from my Axess FX1's.

Well time I changed over.

Can't remember the specifics, but the FX1 could send a specific sysex message with any IA switch to the GCX to change it's receive channel from it's default of 16 (CC's clash with the Axess stuff in the rig).

Will the GT do that?

Cheers

Chris.

Wow, yeah, only the first 25 had the glossy black paint (no logo on the top either, if I recall correctly).

I didn't know there was any way to change the channel on a GCX. There is a sysex that needs to be sent so that the GCXs will change their CC number ranges so that the first one is GCX1, second is GCX2, etc. If you define a GCX device in the Devices list, it will send that sysex when the GT powers up.

But, if there is another sysex out there that changes the GCX's channel, you can set it up by using the startup macro feature, which can send the sysex message.

Hi Ron,

Yeah, been a bit slow on the uptake...…..taken a few years off rig building.

This is from the FX1 manual. Sure I used to bump the GCX onto channel 15. Guessing the GT can do that too?

Cheers

Chris.

Attachments

• GCX Control.pdf
    290.4 KB · Views: 5
Wow, even Voodoo Lab themselves said you couldn't change channels on the GCX in a forum post I found today. Anyway, the GT can send any Sysex message, so no problem there.

Cool Ron.

Mario is a nice guy, and I've rocked the old Axess stuff for nearly 20 years. Wonder if he still out at Mesa?

Another way I used this SysEx message was the second part, where it can tell the GCX what number in the GCX sequence it is, without having the ones in numerical order before it.

I was running 4 GRX4's in a humungous rig at one point (which tied up CC#'s 80-95), but needed the loops of a GCX for some mute switching.

Those numbers swallow up GCX #1's and GCX#2's CC's, being 80-95. I was able to program the SysEx message to tell the GCX it was GCX#3 (CC's 64-71).

And it worked! Didn't need to have GCX #1 and #2. Only thing I seem to recall doing was making sure the last GRX4 MIDI out/thru was connected into the GCX. But I'm not even sure that matters.

Chris.

Back