Add Boss EQ-200 to device list ...?

Boss doesn't put their CC numbers in their manuals for some reason. If someone can send me the list of CC names and numbers from the device, I can put them in.

Hi Ron - I reached out to BOSS to enquire, and this is what I got back ...

I'm sorry to say, that there is no specific MIDI implementation manual for the EQ-200.

The EQ-200 doesn't really have a static list of CC mappings, as when using the MIDI menu, you can effectively decide what each CC does.

For example:

SW CC → 1 (Define CC# to toggle EQ A/the left switch, I choose 1)

SW MEM → 2 (Define CC# to toggle EQ B/the right switch, I choose 2)

Not massively helpful, I guess ...

Yeah, that doesn't really help us. Just create a generic device and use that. It'll work for program changes. You'll have to do CCs manually.

Hey Ron,

That is exactly why I decided to use the EQ-200 as audio send/return. I've yet to have much success with GENERIC devices too. Just sharing.. not complaining.. love the PBC10.. Ron, if you run across the added benefits of using the EQ-200 as a Midi device, please keep me in the loops.. greatly appreciated..
~David
Peace Love Soul & Groove

I can add it I guess, but the only difference between a generic device and a supported device is that the name and some of the basic parameters (like total number of presets) are pre-filled. There are a few exceptions like Axe-Fx and Kemper, but for a simple device like the EQ-200, that's all there is.

I was unsure if using the EQ-200 as a MIDI device had any added value. Enough said. Appreciate the thread.. good topic.. thanks

Back