Add button type: Global Preset

Alexander

Please allow to select "Global Preset" as a button type (just like when selecting a preset from the Preset Menu).

I realize it's already possible to assign "Global Preset" to a button as an IA:System action. But that method has an issue: if you're in "Song mode", and press the button, the global preset is loaded but the GT stays in "Song mode", which (in my case) is not what I want and can cause other issues.

What issues does remaining in song mode cause, exactly? Exiting song mode then returning to it, exactly where you left off is more complicated than changing presets, lots of things to keep track of.

Let's say I've loaded a song called "Black" (which corresponds to a preset "Black").
My GT is configured to show only song names, not presets.
So the main display says: "Black".

Now I press the button that loads a preset (let's say: 384) with an IA:System action.
The Axe-Fx switches to preset 384.
But: the main display doesn't change, it still says: "Black". So there's no indication / validation on the GT that there's indeed another presets loaded.

Now, this can be solved partly by configuring the GT to display both song names and preset names.
In that case the GT displays "Black" plus the preset name. That's not something I want. Also, it's different from selecting a preset from the Preset Menu which doesn't show song names at all, and that's what I'd like.

Ok, somewhere along the line I added the ability to select presets outside the current song and setlist. That's what allows you to access the global preset - or any other preset for that matter. Maybe the answer is to change the display when selecting one of these "off menu" presets so that it displays the preset name instead of the song name? That would be much easier than switching in and out of setlist mode.

Back