Adding 'parallel' loops to PBC10...

cosmic_ape

What's the best way to add more parallel loops to my PBC10?

I thought of using a Mini Gizmo and a Mini Line Mixer and hook up the Gizmo in between the PBC's Out 5-6 and the In 7-10. I am thinking using a 1/3 Split, where the first (Loop 1) effect is in series. Send 2 on the Gizmo goes into the Amp input. The Amp's Effects Send goes into the Gizmo's Return 2. Loops 3-5 are the effects I want to throw into the amp's loop. Those would get the Line Mixer treatment. And then the Gizmo's CS Out would go into the PBC's In 7-10.

Would this work? Or would it introduce ground loops/noise? Is there a better way?

Are you trying to use parallel loops in the PBC in parallel with the loops in the Mini Effect Gizmo? If so, the configuration is going to need to be quite a bit different.

Are you trying to use parallel loops in the PBC in parallel with the loops in the Mini Effect Gizmo? If so, the configuration is going to need to be quite a bit different.
I am thinking "yes", so please enlighten me!

Does this mean that my current plan will have all the Gizmo 'parallel' loops hit the the PBC's stereo loops as an "in series" signal?

If you want them all in parallel, this should work:

Out 5-6 to Mini Effect Gizmo input
Mini Effect Gizmo output to In 7-10
Sends of Mini Effect Gizmo to additional effect inputs
Effect outputs to Mini Line Mixer inputs
PBC output to Mini Line Mixer input

This is the only way I can think of to get all of the effects in parallel.

Does this mean that my current plan will have all the Gizmo 'parallel' loops hit the the PBC's stereo loops as an "in series" signal?

Yes, that approach would have the MEG effects as one parallel group, which are then fed to the PBC loops as a second parallel group.

The line mixer output(s) should go to the amp input.
Got it. Thanks for the help!

A quick follow up. It’s becoming clear to me that my rig is growing and at some point I will be going full wet/dry. In that scenario (and since I already own a PBC 10), would you recommend me buying either a customized PBC 10, or an Effect Gizmo with all parallel loops? I will probably do a rack for all wet effects.

If you could PM me some pricing info for those custom units, that’d be great!

Got it. Thanks for the help!

A quick follow up. It’s becoming clear to me that my rig is growing and at some point I will be going full wet/dry. In that scenario (and since I already own a PBC 10), would you recommend me buying either a customized PBC 10, or an Effect Gizmo with all parallel loops? I will probably do a rack for all wet effects.

If you could PM me some pricing info for those custom units, that’d be great!

I'm sorry, I can't do any custom work at this time...

I'm sorry, I can't do any custom work at this time...
No worries. This will take me a LONG time to upgrade, anyway. I will proceed as planned for the time being.

One more question: the MEG is all Mono loops, right? If I add Chase Bliss pedals to the MEG, I don’t have to worry about ‘ring disconnect’ cables, correct?

No worries. This will take me a LONG time to upgrade, anyway. I will proceed as planned for the time being.

One more question: the MEG is all Mono loops, right? If I add Chase Bliss pedals to the MEG, I don’t have to worry about ‘ring disconnect’ cables, correct?

Correct, the MEG is mono throughout.

Back