Advice on options for wiring an Eventide H9.

I'm busy wiring an H9 within a board that uses an RJM PBC/6X switcher. I'm trying to decide how to wire it. I'm going mono, but would like the option to run stereo sometimes. I figured it I wire it in the loop of the amp, not the switcher, and control it via midi, I could simply plug in an extra set of patch cables to go to the loop of a second amp if I wanted to run it in stereo. Of course, I also have a way of splitting the front signal.

HOWEVER, this won't allow me to run it in the front. And the way I see it, running it in the front AND in the loop with the 4CM method would exclude me from being able to run it in stereo sometimes. So, the RJM PBC/6X has an INSERT loop that is stereo or mono. This would allow me to to run the pedal in the loop or in front, but the switching is done by the switcher. The mixdown to mono would be done by the switcher and switching from stereo to mono setup and vice-versa would be trickier.

The other option would be to run the H9 left into the INS of the switcher, and leave the RIGHT channel empty... if I want to run stereo I can simply patch a second amp's effects loop there. Any advice?

Hi, thanks for the advice. I re-read my post and I see a few mistakes due to things I simply did not understand properly a few weeks ago. I'm finally getting a grasp on using the PBC and H9 after running in a simple mono method for a few weeks. I should be ready to try more wiring methods now.

I need to come to terms with how to route with the PBC/6X with the ins loop. I'll re-read that section of the manual now and see it makes more sense now.

Back