AFX3 Bank Up/Down not working?

touch33

I'm in the process of programming my GT16 for an AxeFX III, and I simply can't get the Bank UP and Bank DOWN buttons to work. Let's say I'm on Bank 9: pressing the Bank UP button briefly flashes "BANK 10" on the Main Display and briefly flashes the presets in Bank 10 on each of the five Preset buttons on the bottom row of buttons – but the presets ultimately remain on Bank 9. Same with pressing the Bank DOWN button: brief flash of "BANK 8" on Main and five preset buttons flash, but still remains on Bank 9 (hope I'm being clear on this).

Tried several button changes/fixes to no avail. Suggestions?

Cheers,
Bruce

Hi, does it go back to Bank 9 and show the bank 9 Presets without touching anything ?

Not sure I understand your question. If I’m on B9 it changes for a flash, otherwise no. Once the brief flash occurs (on both the Main and Preset displays) the presets return to 9 and never change from there. I can get around using the Preset Menu and selecting a new preset, but once it’s changed the Bank remains “stuck”. Bank +\- have no effect other than the flash.

Thx,
Bruce

Thinking about resetting the GT16 and reloading from there, but I’ll see if Ron chimes in (even though it’s already late).

In Devices:
The Following On:
Send PC’s
Send Redundant PC’s

Button Settings:
Make Sure Global Is On For Both Bank Up And Bank Down Buttons
CC Momentary #1 Bank Up Off:0 On:127
CC Momentary #3 Bank Down Off:0 On:127

Yo, Rain —

Tried your suggestions to no avail — many thanks for the attempt. Turns out a “factory reset” did the trick on “Preset +/- functionality”, but reloading my panel programming killed that once again.

Sadly, not the first time that attempting to edit someone else’s GT22 programming into this GT16 has caused issues, and I think maybe I’ve learned my lesson. Since I know others have been able to do so, I’m guessing that either my skilz stink or perhaps the age of my GT16 may have something to do with it — irregardless of the fact I’m running current firmware and the unit functions perfectly once I “program from scratch”...

So There,
Bruce. ;)

Make sure you have MIDI Receive Channel set to None in the GT. Try turning on Ignore Incoming PCs in the Devices tab. Those may help.

Make sure you have MIDI Receive Channel set to None in the GT. Try turning on Ignore Incoming PCs in the Devices tab. Those may help.

I’m having the same issue but I was still trying to figure it out on my own so this is helpful. My issue is going to be that I actually need the GT to receive midi from my iPad but I could misunderstanding the solution.

If I am understanding your answer what is causing the behavious, is it because the GT is sending the midi to change banks but at the same time receiving midi from the Axe FX telling it to stay on the same bank. I think when I was testing this out I couldn’t even change presets so I’m guessing it’s the same issue, it’s receiving a message back from the Axe FX to stay on the same preset.

If I have the midi Receive channel on the GT set to something other than the channel that the Axe FX is sending on am I still going to have this issue?

I’m having the same issue but I was still trying to figure it out on my own so this is helpful

I ended up starting my GT16 layout from scratch (not “porting in” from a GT22 file) and everything is working exactly as it should, so I didn’t get to the point of trying Ron’s suggestions. My own guess is that the GT is happiest when you let it “do it’s thing” the way Ron designed — go figure! I mean, he’s only they guy that created it all... :)

I’m having the same issue but I was still trying to figure it out on my own so this is helpful. My issue is going to be that I actually need the GT to receive midi from my iPad but I could misunderstanding the solution.

If I am understanding your answer what is causing the behavious, is it because the GT is sending the midi to change banks but at the same time receiving midi from the Axe FX telling it to stay on the same bank. I think when I was testing this out I couldn’t even change presets so I’m guessing it’s the same issue, it’s receiving a message back from the Axe FX to stay on the same preset.

If I have the midi Receive channel on the GT set to something other than the channel that the Axe FX is sending on am I still going to have this issue?

Setting the GT's receive channel to be different from the Axe-Fx's receive channel should prevent the problem from happening.

In the process of upgrading to Firmware 4.5.0 I lost the “Preset Up/Down” functionality again!?! Grrrr...

Turns out that Ron’s instruction to set “IGNORE INCOMING PCs” to ON did the trick (who’d have guessed?!?). Preset Up/Down is back in business.

BTW — LOVE the AFX3 “channel indicator” upgrade. Simpler and slicker than my “color change” suggestion while maintaining existing GT style.
Bruce

Back