AFX3 "control switches" MIDI accessible?

touch33

As I've been spending more time going thru my most-excellent AustinBuddy Naked Amps presets I've noticed that he uses AFX3 "internal control switches" to allow certain Amp Block parameters (BRIGHT/FAT/BOOST/etc.) to be controlled via FAS FC-6/12 foot controllers. Does anyone know if it's possible to set up either MIDI or Sysex control so that my MMGT16 programming can be mapped to the Control Switches? I'm hoping for something along the lines of mapping MIDI CC's to modifiers, but I'm also wondering if FAS has kept these CS switches segregated for their own use?

My goal is to be able to switch these parameters during the auditioning process.

Cheers,
Bruce

Yes you can. Use External Control 1-16
Ex: On axe edit Amp block assign "Bright Switch" to be controlled by "External 16"> Now setup the AFX3 unit and go to "Setup>MIDI/Remote>External"> scroll down to "External Control 16" and give it a unique CC# let say CC#100. You are done with AFX3.
Now on your GT16 all you need to do is assign a "IA" button> assign CC#100 and play with "Action Type" CC Toggle or Momentary etc..

Actually, what you describe is REPLACING the control switches with “external controls” — not the same thing. I’m looking for a global solution that won’t require editing two Amp blocks in approx. 1,400 separate preset/scenes. I was hoping that the external “CC” controls you mention (or even GT16 SysEx strings) could be mapped to the control switches themselves.

Have since found out this is not (yet) possible on the AFX3 (Wish List item).

Thanks anyway for your reply.

Turns out the answer is “no”, although it’s apparently been in the Wish List category in the Fractal board since AFX early days.

Ah, well...

Reactions: Vin
Back