All the gear and absolutely no idea

I'll try and make this quick but basically i need help programming this GT 22,
im basically trying to copy petrucci's set up and im very very new to MIDI and how this all works, so far managed to load my axe fx into the GT and set up midi commands to change the channels on my GT depending on the scene but i cannot figure out quite a lot no matter what i read,

set up is GT into axe through the phantom power adapatar and the midi out of the GT going striaght to the IN of my JP2C

i can't figure out how to change the delay channels on the GT i had to set up 4 delay blocks just to get it to work so that when i hit a different delay the other is turned off but in an idle world i'd just like to change the channel of the block but i cant work it out at all,

pictures below are the setup any advice on how to set this all up for a newbie would be really appreicated.

GT file also attatched

Attachments

• Board.jpg
    Board.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 5
  • ampaxe.jpg
    ampaxe.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 5
  • noideawhatimdoing.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
You're close, you just need to change the values you're sending to the Axe-Fx. For example, change the action on the first button to:

Axe-Fx III : Delay 3 / CC Toggle #72 off:None on:1

This will select channel A when the button is activated. Copy this to your other buttons, but change the on value to 2 to get channel B, 3 for channel C, etc.

You're close, you just need to change the values you're sending to the Axe-Fx. For example, change the action on the first button to:

This will select channel A when the button is activated. Copy this to your other buttons, but change the on value to 2 to get channel B, 3 for channel C, etc.
you have no idea how many hours i spent trying to figure this out and you've solved it in like 2 minutes, just got it working perfectly thank you so much

last question for now, looking to be able to enable delay block 2 in the same scene but turn off block 1, then when im done with the block 2 i'd like to be able to go back to block 1 any ideas ?

A button with these actions should do it:

Axe-Fx III : Delay 1 / CC Toggle #70 off:127 on:0
Axe-Fx III : Delay 2 / CC Toggle #71 off:0 on:127

A button with these actions should do it:

Axe-Fx III : Delay 1 / CC Toggle #70 off:127 on:0
Axe-Fx III : Delay 2 / CC Toggle #71 off:0 on:127
yeah im struggling massively, i basically want to do everything how petrucci uses it, few things to buy before i have all the gear but when he switches scenes all of his delay blocks on the GT turn off (for his rythem tone) when i do it they work for all the patches but the chorus and delay lights don't turn off any suggestions ?

Do you have a bidirectional connection set up? (Phantom power box connected to both the Axe-Fx MIDI in and MIDI out, Bidirectional MIDI turned on in MIDI settings on the GT, phantom power box connected directly to the GT's MIDI output?)

Do you have a bidirectional connection set up? (Phantom power box connected to both the Axe-Fx MIDI in and MIDI out, Bidirectional MIDI turned on in MIDI settings on the GT, phantom power box connected directly to the GT's MIDI output?)
yeah all of the above, the midi out on the far left is the one its connected to (as if you was looking at the pedal board stood up) and the second midi out is going to the midi IN of the JP2C, i get everything working fine but because the commands on the delays and chorus blocks are basically channel switches when i go to a dry tone the blocks are still in the channel on the AXE so the GT won't turn the lights off, just can't figure out a way around it.

is there any way i can get a video to you? sorry to pester its just driving me nuts and before yesterday i was a complete MIDI novice, you should put a disclaimer on the box when you buy a GT that says "must have a functioning brain to operate" XD

If I recall correctly, John doesn't use any bidirectional MIDI at all, the controller manages all of its state and doesn't rely on the status coming back from the Axe-Fx. Maybe we should use that approach? I have more information on a computer at the office, I can have a look at that, but I might not be in the office until Tuesday.

If I recall correctly, John doesn't use any bidirectional MIDI at all, the controller manages all of its state and doesn't rely on the status coming back from the Axe-Fx. Maybe we should use that approach? I have more information on a computer at the office, I can have a look at that, but I might not be in the office until Tuesday.
if we can do that i would forever be grateful, im trying to mimic his set up step for step, so having this sorted would be amazing, how would you suggest i start the whole process then ?

Back