Amp Gizmo and Mini Amp Gizmo

It was a combination of low sales and some parts being discontinued. We need to redesign them to be able to make more, and it hasn't been very clear if it would be worth the effort.

Lately, there has been a fair amount of outcry about them not being available anymore, so I'm leaning towards completing the redesign. Assuming things go to plan, we'd see a replacement in the fall.

The only product that's currently being sold that's similar is the Control Switcher by Voodoo Lab, and of course Amp Gizmo on the used market.

It was a combination of low sales and some parts being discontinued. We need to redesign them to be able to make more, and it hasn't been very clear if it would be worth the effort.

Lately, there has been a fair amount of outcry about them not being available anymore, so I'm leaning towards completing the redesign. Assuming things go to plan, we'd see a replacement in the fall.

The only product that's currently being sold that's similar is the Control Switcher by Voodoo Lab, and of course Amp Gizmo on the used market.

Will repairs be possible on existing Mini Amp Gizmos?

Definitely redesign or bring this product back!!

I can’t see any shortage of new guitar amps being made and sold.

Hopefully the redesign is also a bit more flexible with respect to how it supports amp switching - not all non-midi amps use short-to-ground, and the expensive adapter cables on top of buying the amp gizmo were really not ideal. I picked up a mini AG, and I'm not sure how to switch my 5150III with it (it came with a mark iv cable and I can't find the RJM 5150III interface cable for sale).
I thought it would be a tool in my box to midi control ANY amp in the future, and now I realise many of the amps I'd like to collect would require an additional adapter cable, some of which have a micro half way along the cable.

It would be cool if instead of only short-to-shield, it had 2-3pins per switch, or atleast some additional pins available to match the switching to the amp's method - for example 2 pins to receive the ground and 16V levels from the 5150III, and use that to pulse/latch the channel switching pins.
Could eliminate the micros in many of the interface cables.

Super uber cool would be if it could monitor/mirror the amps own channel switching buttons. Of course it would still need a program/save button.
Could be a neat product capable of midi-enabling any amp almost to the standard of eg. the diezel midi implementation (momentary switches plus a program switch, very easy to use just like the EG)

I'm glad I bought the full size EG and not an RG.

OR amp makers could just pull their thumbs out and (pay you to) midi enable their amps god damnit.

Hopefully the redesign is also a bit more flexible with respect to how it supports amp switching - not all non-midi amps use short-to-ground, and the expensive adapter cables on top of buying the amp gizmo were really not ideal. I picked up a mini AG, and I'm not sure how to switch my 5150III with it (it came with a mark iv cable and I can't find the RJM 5150III interface cable for sale).
I thought it would be a tool in my box to midi control ANY amp in the future, and now I realise many of the amps I'd like to collect would require an additional adapter cable, some of which have a micro half way along the cable.

It would be cool if instead of only short-to-shield, it had 2-3pins per switch, or atleast some additional pins available to match the switching to the amp's method - for example 2 pins to receive the ground and 16V levels from the 5150III, and use that to pulse/latch the channel switching pins.
Could eliminate the micros in many of the interface cables.

Super uber cool would be if it could monitor/mirror the amps own channel switching buttons. Of course it would still need a program/save button.
Could be a neat product capable of midi-enabling any amp almost to the standard of eg. the diezel midi implementation (momentary switches plus a program switch, very easy to use just like the EG)

I'm glad I bought the full size EG and not an RG.

OR amp makers could just pull their thumbs out and (pay you to) midi enable their amps god damnit.
Hey.. Do you still have the Mark IV clable? If you don't need it.. I'm looking for one! Best, H.

Back