Amp send/return phase

MMC

Hi there,

on a PBC 10, using the four cables method, I connected the MEG-X in a way that allows me to put some effects (loops...) before the amplifier input and some into its S/R loop. This requires a dedicated MEG-X loop to be assigned to the amp's loop: the pre-input path is wired to the insert loop of the PBC and the S/R path is connected to loop #7 of the PBC and eventually to the amp's S/R. I can then reorder the MEG-X loop on a preset base and even choose if loop #7 is serial or parallel.

What I found though, is that I have phase issues (even with the effect on stand-by - not hard bypassed though -) upon connecting, let's say, a Mobius chorus before the amp input and a Eventide H9 reverb to the S/R loop: this happens when the H9 is set to "kill dry on" and loop # 7 of the PBC to parallel, not when kill dry is off and the loop is serial (Mobius hasn't kill dry capability).

Any suggestion? Thanks!

I wouldn't expect phase issues if you have the pedal set to kill dry. Is your amp's effect loop parallel? Parallel effect loops can cause this problem with pedals that are not hard bypassed.

Back