Anyone Using Parallel Loops?

Definitely. I use loops 7-10 in parallel by default all the time. Actually loops 8-10 since loop 7 is empty.

Is there anything in particular that you’re looking for with parallel effects?

Thanks Josh,
I have a Strymon Timeline in loop 9 and Ventris dual reverb in loop 10.
I want to run then in parallel, first attempt I sent this up according to the manual with the dry mix I loose reverb effect.
If I set the strymon to kill I get a lower reverb setting and delay/latency from my guitar signal.
How have you set this up?

The best way to run parallel loops is to have your pedals in these loops set to kill dry. That way you’re using the line mixer in the PBC to drive your dry signal. You can turn off the PBC's dry signal per preset to have ambient wet-only sounds, but generally speaking your dry signal should always be off on the pedals themselves.

If you want to set it up in parallel, make sure the following are set correctly:
1. Dry signal globally turned OFF on the Ventris
2. Dry signal globally turned OFF on the Timeline
3. Dry signal turned ON on the PBC
4. Parallel turned ON on the PBC for both loops

The Timeline's Kill Dry feature is in the global settings. I'm not familiar with the Ventris, but looking at the manual you can globally set Kill Dry to off, which would probably be better than just turning the Mix knobs all the way up.

The latency you're talking about might just be from the delay echos if you're not getting any dry signal at all but you're hearing some delay. Make sure the dry signal is on in the PBC. Both the Ventris and Timeline have analog dry through, so you shouldn't be getting latency even if you had the dry signal on. With dry signal off, latency should matter even less. Also, you might find yourself using higher mix levels on these effects when running in parallel to get the desired wet level.

You will get some different behavior if you start running only one of the two loops in parallel. Once you get a handle on it you might use it to your advantage for particular tones, but it can be confusing understanding how the effects interact together with and without being on the same signal path.

Back