Audible pop followed by signal not running through timeline when loop is on

Milescast

occasionally when playing I will hear an audible pop and my timeline stops working. The pedal is still on and the corresponding loop on the mastermind is on as well. I'm not sure if there might be a short in a cable or a power issue of some kind. I still get signal to my amps in this situation. If I pull the power on the Timeline and power it up again it works and the issue usually repeats itself a short while later. The most recent time this happened I was using the tap tempo on the rjm and it happened (not sure if that was a coincidence but it has shut off on its own). Anyone experienced this?

Last edited:
I haven't heard of it happening, but it sounds like it's a Timeline issue (because restarting the Timeline fixes it). Make sure the power supply you're using can handle the Timeline's current draw. Another test to try is to unplug the cables from the PBC after the pop happens. If the audio signal comes back, it's probably the Timeline at fault.

I haven't heard of it happening, but it sounds like it's a Timeline issue (because restarting the Timeline fixes it). Make sure the power supply you're using can handle the Timeline's current draw. Another test to try is to unplug the cables from the PBC after the pop happens. If the audio signal comes back, it's probably the Timeline at fault.

I swapped the power to the TL's original power supply and I'm having the same issue. I unplugged the Y cables from the PBC with the loop activated and nothing changes (I still have full signal either way, minus the delays repeats). I have an expression pedal controlling the mix on the TL, when I roll it up to 100% wet i lose my signal and it comes back when I roll it back. If you still think it might be an issue with the TL, I have another one on a travel board I could swap out to see if the same issue occurs - I wanted to try everything else before tearing both boards apart.

Last edited:
I must have misread your original post - so is it the case that you only lose the delay repeats when this happens?

Is the pedal's loop set to series or parallel?

I must have misread your original post - so is it the case that you only lose the delay repeats when this happens?

Is the pedal's loop set to series or parallel?

The loop is set to series i believe, and yes i only lose the delay repeats when this happens. I just updated the firmware in the Timeline to the current version and i updated the the PBC to the current firmware as well. The issue hasn't occurred since but now my timeline's bpm keeps auto changing from what i've tapped in via the function switch to 1.0kbpm (back & forth). Any idea as to what could be causing this? I've looked at the all of the global settings on the TL and the preset bpm in the pbc is set to 0. After reading another thread it seems that i should have the Midi CL set to off in the global paramaters? The only way i seem to get the TL to react to the external tap tempo is with Midi CL set to on and when it is set to on my expression pedal affects the tempo for some reason. I'm perplexed.

Last edited:
After a bit more tinkering I've set the Midi CL to on in the global settings of the Timeline and the tempo change issue seems to be fixed (for the most part). It still jumps around every so often (not by much) and always comes back. The expression pedal also changes the bpm (when it's set to control the mix paramater) and comes right back.

Back