Axe fx 3 preset/scene & IA access question....

Hi all- I'm moving some things around on my gt22, and thinking about programing it a bit differently for a bit more functionality... so I have two questions hopefully someone can help me with :D

First up, I have roughly 15 main ax3 presets that I use live, and that's what my gt is set up for- I usually have 6 scenes on the bottom row & IAs & tuner everywhere else. What I'm trying to accomplish is having my 6 scenes on the bottom row, and the rest of the buttons IAs, tuner & tap; removing the bank up/down buttons and replacing them with *one* "banks" or 'preset menu' button. When I try to do this now, when I hit the 'preset menu' button it brings me to a page of my scenes, instead of presets. How can I make this page display my presets instead of the scenes in the presets? I can't seem to figure it out.

Second question is... is it possible to have two instant access buttons control 'one' fractal "pedal"? as in, using the pitch block, could I have one IA turn block on to channel A and then have another IA turn the same pitch block on, but channel B etc. I know I can hold & choose channel a-d, but it would be a lot easier if I could just click a second IA and change the channel.. any one know if this is at all possible?

Thanks so much in advance !

If you've done "Get Preset Names" with "Create Songs" selected, then scenes on the Axe-Fx become presets on the GT, and presets on the Axe-Fx become songs on the GT. So, if this is the case, try using a Song Menu button instead of a Preset Menu

Yes, you can configure IA buttons to select an effect and channel. You would need two actions on the button, one to turn it on and one to select the channel:

Axe-Fx / Pitch 1 CC Toggle off:None on:1 (selects channel A, use 2 for channel B, etc.)
Axe-Fx / Pitch 1 CC Toggle off:0 on:127 (turns it on)

"Direct Send PC/CC" needs to be turned on in the Devices tab for this to work.

I recommend setting the Group number on all the buttons that control the Pitch block, so that only one can be one at a time. Note that the button will no longer automatically sync with changes in the Axe-Fx. That's not something that can be fixed at this time.

If you've done "Get Preset Names" with "Create Songs" selected, then scenes on the Axe-Fx become presets on the GT, and presets on the Axe-Fx become songs on the GT. So, if this is the case, try using a Song Menu button instead of a Preset Menu

Yes, you can configure IA buttons to select an effect and channel. You would need two actions on the button, one to turn it on and one to select the channel:

Axe-Fx / Pitch 1 CC Toggle off:None on:1 (selects channel A, use 2 for channel B, etc.)

I recommend setting the Group number on all the buttons that control the Pitch block, so that only one can be one at a time. Note that the button will no longer automatically sync with changes in the Axe-Fx. That's not something that can be fixed at this time.
Thank you so much, this all worked wonderfully and exactly as I needed, thank you!!

One quick questions though, I set up the Pitch block with 2 different buttons, group 1, but if I turn one button off it turns the other on; is there any way that I can have both buttons off and click between the two? , so the pitch block isn't on all the time? I attached a file just in case it makes it easier. Again thank you so much

Attachments

• 8:12:21 LLGT22.rjs
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

I spent some time yesterday trying to get this exact thing to work.…. without much luck.

I’m using an AxeFx III with a GT22. When I put in these parameters to chose a channel (ABCD on th AxeFX) and get the Effect to turn on, I get one instance of it working, followed by a constant “on” state…where the button light also stays in the “on” state. Subsequent button pushers do nothing… unless I click the button repeatedly/rapidly (more of a glitch or luck). This happens whether or not I have the “Direct Send PC/CC“ turned on or not.

My entire gig exist inside of 1 preset on the AxeFX. I really dislike using the AxeFX scenes (as I can’t seem to find a way to get a second-button-push on the GT22 to take me back to the previous state)…and I would prefer to use IA buttons to define all my “scenes” with midi commands instead. I had not considered that using “Button Actions” for multiple commands was not going to be as straightforward as I had thought. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I spent some time yesterday trying to get this exact thing to work.…. without much luck.

I’m using an AxeFx III with a GT22. When I put in these parameters to chose a channel (ABCD on th AxeFX) and get the Effect to turn on, I get one instance of it working, followed by a constant “on” state…where the button light also stays in the “on” state. Subsequent button pushers do nothing… unless I click the button repeatedly/rapidly (more of a glitch or luck). This happens whether or not I have the “Direct Send PC/CC“ turned on or not.

My entire gig exist inside of 1 preset on the AxeFX. I really dislike using the AxeFX scenes (as I can’t seem to find a way to get a second-button-push on the GT22 to take me back to the previous state)…and I would prefer to use IA buttons to define all my “scenes” with midi commands instead. I had not considered that using “Button Actions” for multiple commands was not going to be as straightforward as I had thought. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve got mine working pretty good with his instructions… when I get home later I’ll send ya my file to dissect if you want. Lemme know

Thanks. That might be interesting to have a look at.
Sorry it took so long, been busy. Always, I'm in the process of reprogramming, so its a work in progress... but you might be able to see how my buttons are set up and see if it helps. The buttons "octave & harmzr" both control Pitch block 1 channel a & b. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• LLGT22 8:21:21.rjs
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Sorry it took so long, been busy. Always, I'm in the process of reprogramming, so its a work in progress... but you might be able to see how my buttons are set up and see if it helps. The buttons "octave & harmzr" both control Pitch block 1 channel a & b. Hope it helps.
Thanks! I’m going to grab that and check it out tomorrow afternoon.

Back