axe fx 3 rjm gt22 on/off state effects

Harm

Hi all,

I have done some programming recently after having done a 'set and forget' session when I bought the GT. I now notice that when I switch scenes in a preset, the on/off state of an effect doesn't follow along. When the Chorus for example is off in scene 1 and I change to scene 2, where the chorus is on, the GT still shows the off state. I also have to press twice then (of course) to turn it off.
I'd like the GT to follow the state on the axe. I've googled and searched the forums of this site and the Fractal forum, but couldn't find the answer. Also no luck reading the manual.
I loaded an older backup (of the GT) , but that did not help.

Any ideas?

Harm

There are a bunch of things that all need to be in place to get feedback from the Axe-Fx:

- You need to have the correct model of Axe-Fx selected in the Devices tab.
- Ignore Incoming CC should be turned off (also in Devices)
- The buttons that control effects need to have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off.
- You need a bidirectional MIDI connection from the Axe-Fx to GT. That means that both the MIDI Input and MIDI Output need to be connected from the Axe-Fx to the GT. This can be done with 2 cables, or a phantom power box that combines the MIDI in and out from the Axe-Fx into a single MIDI connection to the GT. If you do the latter, make sure that BIdirectional MIDI is turned on in the GT's settings.

Check all of those things - probably one of them is not correct, which would result in the GT not responding,

Thank you.
I apparently wasn't complete in my description. It has been working fine for overe a year...until yesterday. I checked every setting according to the manual. I checked the connection of the cables, turned both units on and off. Set the mastermind back to an older backup. Nothing helped. Then I emailed. Today I was going to use other midi cables to see if that was the cause. Today I turn on the units...everything works fine. I am speechless to be honest.
So thank you for your reply. And just let me use the opportunity that I am really, really happy and proud being the owner of a GT22. It is an amazing piece of gear and of course, quite an eyecatcher.

Thanks again.

Harm

Back