Axe-Fx Drive button group

casimir

Hi Ron,

I am trying to set up some grouped buttons that both engage/bypass the Drive 1 block, and set the channel for an AXE FX III. It seems to be only performing the last action set up. In this case, it is not bypassing or engaging the Drive. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
- Nolan

Attachments

• layout1.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Turn on Direct Send CCs/PCs for the Axe-Fx in Devices. With that turned off, it won't let you send the same CC number twice (or more) in a row from the same button. Turning it on allows multiple copies of the same CC to be sent without trying to filter them.

Turn on Direct Send CCs/PCs for the Axe-Fx in Devices. With that turned off, it won't let you send the same CC number twice (or more) in a row from the same button. Turning it on allows multiple copies of the same CC to be sent without trying to filter them.
I'll give that a go tonight, thanks for the help!

@rjmmusic I am pretty close now, my only issue currently, is that I can't get the drives to go gray when bypassed in the current configuration. Right now I have the group bypassing the drive, and the buttons select the channel. I also tried putting the toggle before the channel select in the button, but then all three drive buttons light up when the effect is engaged. Is there a way to get the buttons to show "On" only when multiple "On" conditions are true?

Attachments

• layout1.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
@rjmmusic I am pretty close now, my only issue currently, is that I can't get the drives to go gray when bypassed in the current configuration. Right now I have the group bypassing the drive, and the buttons select the channel. I also tried putting the toggle before the channel select in the button, but then all three drive buttons light up when the effect is engaged. Is there a way to get the buttons to show "On" only when multiple "On" conditions are true?
Because the buttons control channel and not bypass, they are always going to reflect the currently selected channel of the drive block. Something that might work is to set the drive channel to D on presets where the drive block is bypassed. That should prevent the channel A,B,C buttons from highlighting.

Because the buttons control channel and not bypass, they are always going to reflect the currently selected channel of the drive block. Something that might work is to set the drive channel to D on presets where the drive block is bypassed. That should prevent the channel A,B,C buttons from highlighting.
Great idea, I will give that a go tonight!

This worked great, thanks so much for the help! The only tweak I had to do after the channel D trick was to copy the lightest drive to D. This prevented a pop when engaging the drive.

Back