Axe-Fx II Presets Only Change After Bank Up Then Dn

Toopy14

I watched the RJM Youtube video on setting up the Axe-Fx with the LT, quite a few times actually. I got my LT setup to use Setlists, Songs, Presets and Scenes, like it describes in the latter part of the video.

I don't know if it's a bug, a quirk or if I'm doing something wrong, but the presets don't change on the Axe-Fx until I use the Bank Up/Bank Dn button, which is now Song Up/Dn. If I change the preset on the Axe-Fx, using the rotary dial, the presets change and the change is reflected on the LT. However, lets say I set the preset to 5 with the dial, when I select song 1 on the LT and press button 1, the Intro (see below), which is preset 0 on the Axe-Fx, nothing happens, until I press Song Up, press button 1, then press Dn...it works. When I do manually select a preset from the Axe-Fx, lets say 5, I can however, select scenes within preset 5.

Here's what I have;

Page 1 -> Presets
Page 2 -> Scenes 1-5 on buttons 1-5. Button 6 is used to change songs, Press -> Up, Hold - Dn

I have 5 presets, Intro, Verse, Chorus, Solo, Outro, on buttons 1-5. Each is set to select preset 0 and the 5 presets are set to select Scene 1-5, from page 2.

I checked all my settings, bi-directional MIDI, MIDI Channel, Send CC's on Preset Change, Send on Preset Change, Scenes are all Group 1, etc. I'm assuming, maybe incorrectly, that I have everything setup properly because everything works, but only after I press Song Up, then Dn.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Back