Axe Fx III Control Switch

I couldn't quite figure out how to assign a button to a control switch of the axe fx3. I tried choosing "control" in the assign CC menu, but how do I set which control switch (CS1 - CS6) needs to be controlled ?

Hi, a bump on this, would it be possible to add the control switches to the [MMGT <-> Axe FX III] integration? Or is it limited to the Fractal FC controllers?

The so-called "Control Switches" are currently not addressable through MIDI. So I guess it's not possible.

Reactions: Jop
Pretty sure Fractal keeps it this way on purpose — supporting competition for their own pedal switch units isn’t in their best business interests, I assume.

You can set control switch per scene on one preset. If that is a work around for you.

Last edited:
FWIW — I wanted to be able to use MIDI commands from my GT16 to map to AFX3 control switches (AustinBuddy has lots of CS functionality already set up in his custom presets) — no such luck.

Gotcha. For now, you’ll have to rely on calling a scene within the preset where at least you have 6 choices…or call another preset with cs choices. I’m guessing you already know this? It’s pretty easy to set if you need help. What about using an external latching button? Never tried it but it seems like it may work.

Back