Beginner needs advice

touchguitar2021

Hi everyone. My name is Scott and I'm new to the forum. I'm seeking to fully implement a PC-based effects system using a plugin manager called Gig Performer 4. Trey Gunn (ex-King Crimson) recommended the RJM Midi Controller. My goal is to - as much as possible - eliminate the hassles of effect pedals. I'm mostly a home player so mobility isn't an issue. I'm interested in the seemingly unlimited possibilities of plugins. Is the Mastermind GT series good for this? I'm a total beginner when it comes to this setup. If so, are there tutorials/videos online on how to get up and running with this sort of thing? Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi there, a Mastermind GT would definitely do the job, but it would take a lot of setup. We tend to focus on hardware guitar setups and not plugin based systems, so we don't have any tutorials showing setup with plugins. We can answer specific questions on specific issues, but setting up a new system from scratch is out of the scope of what we can do.

I have been in touch with the guys at Gig Performer in the past and have even implemented a feature or two that they requested. They may be able to offer specifics of using the Mastermind with Gig Performer because, unlike me, they've used the two together.

Back