Blank screen in the middle of a set?

boyce89976

Something really strange happened with my PBC today. After working perfectly for rehearsal, and the first 3 songs of the first service, I came back out on stage after the message to find a blank screen, and the only light was a red LED under the "Loops" button at the top left.

I couldn't snap a picture because I was supposed to start the next song, so I quickly pulled the power jack and rebooted the PBCt and it worked great for the last song and the entire 2nd service.

Anyone ever seen that behavior? Ron?

I've seen it happen when it crashes. Are you using the latest firmware?
I'm still on 4.2.1 (I think that's it). It's been so stable on the current firmware, and I've been so busy, I haven't updated it.

Should I update it? I'm not playing for a couple weeks so this would be a good time to do it.

I'm still on 4.2.1 (I think that's it). It's been so stable on the current firmware, and I've been so busy, I haven't updated it.

Should I update it? I'm not playing for a couple weeks so this would be a good time to do it.

I don't remember if there specifically was a crash bug in 4.2.1, but there has been one in the past year or so. 4.3 has been out for a few weeks now and I haven't gotten any serious bug reports, so this probably would be a good time to update.

Doing it tonight!

It's never crashed on me before, so I was a little alarmed... especially in the middle of the set... I even forgot to plug in my IEMs and was wondering why I couldn't hear anything, hahaha.

I don't remember if there specifically was a crash bug in 4.2.1, but there has been one in the past year or so. 4.3 has been out for a few weeks now and I haven't gotten any serious bug reports, so this probably would be a good time to update.
I have had some issues on the PBC/6X with the latest 4.3. When I push the function button and goes to the end of my pages, when going back to first page (Presets) no button can be clicked. Only solves it if I hold down 1 and 3 for settings, and then exit. Happened a couple of times actually.

I have had some issues on the PBC/6X with the latest 4.3. When I push the function button and goes to the end of my pages, when going back to first page (Presets) no button can be clicked. Only solves it if I hold down 1 and 3 for settings, and then exit. Happened a couple of times actually.

It sounds like you have a blank button page in there. Make sure that Max Button Page is set to the number of pages you're actually using, and also make sure that Local Page is turned off for every preset - unless you actually intend for the preset to have a local button page and you've created one.

I occasionally have these glitches myself. At least once every few weeks I’ll hit a preset button inside a song and the actual loop changes/midi commands happen as they should, but the screen will blank out all except for the song name/preset name in the middle (all loop indicators, function switch indicators, exp pedal display....literally everything except for song name and preset name will disappear). Pressing another preset button fixes it, and things work as they should from that point forward.

It has done that, as I said only occasionally, since the day I got it...regardless of firmware version. Had it for 2 years now.

I occasionally have these glitches myself. At least once every few weeks I’ll hit a preset button inside a song and the actual loop changes/midi commands happen as they should, but the screen will blank out all except for the song name/preset name in the middle (all loop indicators, function switch indicators, exp pedal display....literally everything except for song name and preset name will disappear). Pressing another preset button fixes it, and things work as they should from that point forward.

It has done that, as I said only occasionally, since the day I got it...regardless of firmware version. Had it for 2 years now.
This is the first time I can recall mine doing what it did... which was a completely blank screen with only the Loops LED lit. Power cycling fixed it... but it was a little scary.

I've had mine since they first came out (4 or 5 years this coming December?). I'm doing the update tonight since I don't have anything on the schedule for the next couple of weeks.

Updated to the latest FW and Editor tonight. I'll let you know if it crashes again.

Back