Boss MD-500 no Bank options in PBC

arvee72

I'm having trouble accessing Banks when sending Midi message va PBC10. There is no value for Bank, just 0. I'm programming via the PBC, no the Mastermind Editor software. I can't send past midi PC 99, so I'm only able to access up to Preset 33B on the Boss. Thanks!

Ok, after some further searching, and some generous folks out there trying to help others, looks like a CC command is necessary to change banks. Ugh Boss…..

Attachments

• 14E1C797-5D33-4042-A5EB-02779D2D85DC.jpeg
    14E1C797-5D33-4042-A5EB-02779D2D85DC.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 2
The PBC will automatically send that CC for you. Just specify bank 0, 1 or 2 in the bank box. Bank 0 contains presets 1A-33C, Bank 1 contains presets 34A-66C and Bank 2 contains presets 67A-99C.

Thank you for your reply. That hasn't been my experience. Perhaps I'll need to study it further. Using the onboard PBC menu, there was no option to change bank # for the MD-500.

As long as you have the correct device manufacturer and model selected, the bank and PC options will appear in the Presets tab:

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 12.42.53 PM.png

The on-board editing is very limited compared to using the editor. Still, you should still be able to edit the PC and Bank number for each device when you're in Edit Presets. When I'm back in the office I'll check it out and verify it.

I think I’ve found an issue with my PBC. I can program from the PBC onboard menu, then send config to the Editor, but not the other way around. So when I make changes in editor, only certain things like Preset name will write to the PBC. Action will not write to the PBC from the editor. I have tried both my Mac and PC with no luck. Is my PBC defective?

When you make changes, are you selecting Write Settings to Device in the Transfer menu? And, are you using the latest firmware? (5.0.0)

If you change a preset name, Write Settings to Device, then Read Settings From Device, what happens to that preset name?

Ok, that's evidence the settings are getting changed on the PBC.

You said that actions aren't transferring. What if you add an action to a button, then Write Settings to Device and Read Settings From Device? Does the action stay in the list?

Ah, I see. Audio actions don't work in the Preset Actions section. I should prevent them from being selected at all, but for now, you should avoid them.

Instead of using preset actions, go to the Audio tab (2 tabs to the right of the Preset Actions tab) and click the loops on or off there.

Thanks! I will try tonight.

BTW Will midi commands etc work from the Preset actions?
Yes, everything will work except Audio actions. The Audio tab settings override everything else, so that's why audio preset actions don't do anything.

Back