Buffer 2 causing no audio when off

lbcbdr

I have just discovered on my PBC10 that if I turn off buffer 2 I lose audio. The state of the other buffers does matter either on or off. if buffer 2 is off no audio passes. Thanks

LBC

Typically, when we see this problem, it turns out to be a problem in cabling or an incorrect mono / stereo setup. If there's a partial short somewhere. it will kill your signal, but the buffer could be enough to correct the problem when activated.

Are you using any stereo pedals at all? If so, did you follow our wiring recommendations? USING STEREO EFFECTS

Did you make your own cables? If so, did you watch out for the conductive coating on the inner insulation? A Note About Making Cables

Thanks Ron although I have stereo Efx Mobius,timeline,andH9, I am using them in mono. Also I am only using output A however all my presets have both outputs on. It is only buffer 2 that causes this and I think,and will confirm that it does it with all loops off. I will check the input and output cables to see if there are any shorts. I will also test with a cable in from my guitar and a cable out to an amp bypassing the hardwired cables in my board. Thanks again

If running all mono, make sure that the "Mono -> Stereo (out)" button is in the In position, that's another potential cause.

Update both mono buttons are in. If loop 7-10 are off audio passes with buffer 2 off if any of loops 7-10 are on no audio passes. loops 1-6 pass audio either on or off. I switched the mono buttons back and forth a few times and it is now working.

Back