Button to enter Song and Setlist Mode and/or change setlist

tandrewnichols

Is it possible to configure a button to engage Song and Setlist Mode? (And/or is it possible to configure a button to change setlists? Basically bank/up down for setlists.) I realize this is a question, not a suggestion. I suspect that this isn't possible (aside from making a button that enters Setup Mode) from what I've read so far in the manual and what I see in the software, so the wish list item is like Song and Setlist Mode as a first class citizen. Like I imagine being able to switch to it the same way you can to the Loops page, and then choose a setlist with bank up/down, maybe select a set list with another button. It would also be nice to be able to configure button pages per song. That seems a lot more useful to me than per preset. Because not every song has the same number of parts, so some songs might have 3 presets and others 5, and it would be nice to be able to use the "extra" buttons for something else (I don't know, bumping gain or something) on pages that don't use all the presets.

I guess, having read a little more, you can do the setlist selection pretty easily once you're in setup mode. Just seems like it would be nice not to have to go into the setup menu to get to that mode.

Been watching the Mastering the Mastermind series on youtube and discovered that you can make an IA button to do up/down on set lists. When you do that, does that automatically engage set list mode? Or do you still have to go into the menu for that?

Yes, an IA button with a Setlist action will automatically switch in or out of setlist mode as needed.

Alternatively - cause one thing about this setup that bugs me is when you write to the device while in setlist mode, it kicks you out of setlist mode but the button is still in the "on" state, so you have to press it twice (once to go to "off" and then again to get back to "on") - I'm thinking about doing a Momentary button with both "on" and "off" set to the same setlist number. And then a hold state to go to "none." I haven't tried this yet, but I think it will work.

Alternatively - cause one thing about this setup that bugs me is when you write to the device while in setlist mode, it kicks you out of setlist mode but the button is still in the "on" state, so you have to press it twice (once to go to "off" and then again to get back to "on") - I'm thinking about doing a Momentary button with both "on" and "off" set to the same setlist number. And then a hold state to go to "none." I haven't tried this yet, but I think it will work.
I'm new to the RJM family and have taken a bit to get my head around the Mastermind mindset but that sounds like it makes sense.

I'm running a Mastermind LT. Just curious what you're running?

These things are powerful little gadgets and once you get your head around their operation methodologies they are incredible! Thank you for taking the time to lend some advice.

ROCK ON!

Back