Can't Add CC Action

cgscotto

OK, this is driving me nuts. First, I am using a Mac with 12.6. If I try to add a CC action for the Axe-Fx III or for the Collider in the Mastermind LT editor using the right click on the mouse, everything works fine. However, if I double click the button, set it to IA, and then try to use Add CC Action button in the IA Action section, for the most part nothing appears. Some of the actions work, but for the most part they don't.

The problem seems to be LT specific. I have three of them, two using Axe-Fx III with amps, the third using an Axe-Fx II XL+. With one of the LTs, the Add CC Action works fine. On the other, the problem exists. I tried a factory reset and uploading the setup, and it is still a problem.

In fact, if open the editor without to a new file without any LT connected and try adding CC actions with the button in the IA Action section, the same problem exists. I tried reinstalling the program. However, I just tried it on another computer, and the same thing happened. Just so I don't drive myself crazy, is this a bug? I can work for now using the right click mouse method, but it would be nice to have the Add CC Action work as well. Also, I can manually add the CC action in the IA Action section with no problem. However, to do that, I need to know what CC the LT is assigning to an Axe function.

As always, thanks for the help.

That's odd. I've ever heard of that happening before and my main computer is a Mac running 12.6.

Are you using editor 4.9.1? What happens if you use the Select CC button instead?

Hi, yes I am using editor 4.9.1 and running the latest firmware on each device. I don't see a Select CC button. Like I said, if I use the mouse right click, I can select from a menu and it works. I am including three screenshots of trying to add a CC action. As I said, I can also do it manually by first clicking new action.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 2.00.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 2.00.13 PM.png
    835.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 2.00.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 2.00.36 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 2.00.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 2.00.52 PM.png
    840.9 KB · Views: 3
Well, this is an interesting one. It's a bug, but a pretty narrow and specific one. It works fine if the Axe-Fx III is the first in the Devices list, and it also works if the Axe-Fx III is second in the list and the first device is not an RJM Music device. I'll look into it.

You do a fast assign to the button - right click (or ctrl-click) on the button in the main Buttons tab, and in the menu that pops up, select Assign CC > Axe-Fx III > and whatever function you want to assign. That seems to work in all of the cases I've tried.

Thank you! At least I know I am not imagining the problem or that something was wrong with my LT. You also answered my other question, why was it working with my second rig with an Axe-Fx III and a Mastermind LT? Well, in the rig in which it works, the Axe-Fx III is first in the device list. I also just created a new file, and tried it with the Axe-Fx III listed first, and it worked perfectly.

Yes, that is how I do the fast assign-right click (or ctrl-click) on the button in the main Buttons tab, and in the menu that pops up, select Assign CC > Axe-Fx III >, which work perfectly no matter where the Axe-Fx III is listed in the device list.

I discovered this because while I mostly use the fast assign method, the other method is faster when you are programming IA Cycle buttons, such as switching between block channels. The fast assign method does not really seem suited to that task, unless I am missing something.

Again thanks for confirming the problem, and simultaneously sorry to find a bug. I can work around it now that I know it is nothing really serious.

Back