Can't change scenes when scene in preset is set to other than none

Mr.E

This just started happening.
I wanted to change a scene on AxeEdit and it kept jumping back to scene 1.
Same if I tried on the AxeFx and on the GT.
Then I noticed this happened on presets with anything else but "none" in the preset.
But not on all.
Preset "4 also had scene 1 selected and that one worked fine.
Also, if I disconnect the GT, I can switch scenes on the AxeFx

Attachments

• 20-12-04.rjs
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
I even copied the preset to a new preset #020, did the same on the GT.
On preset #020, I have no problems switching scenes, on preset #000 I can't switch scenes.
I copied on both units back from #020 to #000 and the problem persists.

Did you turn on MIDI mapping in the Axe-fx, by any chance? That will interfere with GT and Axe communication.

In the settings file you sent, there is only one preset with Scene set to something other than None, and that's preset 4. I can select preset 4, switch to the Looper page and select scenes and it works. But, you said that preset 4 also works for you. Can you send the file with presets 0 and 20 not working that you mentioned?

Sorry, I didn't save it.
But there's other funky stuff happening.
As I posted before, all of a sudden I can't switch amp channels anymore - I switch 2 amps at the same time but only one switches channel.I was on preset #006 and when I selected preset #003, it jumped to #390.
I had to power cycle to get it working again.
No USB attached.

I did a factory reset and apparently that fixed the scene switching problem.
But now I have to reprogram all the presets.
So strange this happened and there was no easy fix.
Edit:
2 strange things:
- Poll State didn't work until I power cycled the GT
- Scenes selection on preset #000 caused the preset to switch to the Global Preset until I removed the selection button i the Global preset for the AxeFx.

Last edited:
Yes I do.
BTW, shouldn't you be preparing to celebrate new years eve?
I guess this is what you call dedication
thumbs-up_1f44d.png
BTW, is there any way to check that there's nothing wrong with the hardware?

Attachments

• 20-12-31.rjs
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Ok, I'll look that over. Once we get past end-of-year inventory, I hope to be able to finally work on 4.6.

I'm in California so I've got quite a few hours before New Year. (Not that I'll be doing much anyway, it's a good year to stay home!)

It's extremely unlikely to be a hardware problem. You could run it through the system test (in the System Functions menu), but the only thing that it would test that's relevant is the MIDI ports.

Thanks Ron.
Have a good new years eve and I wish you and your family good health and happiness.
Greetz,
Geert

I finally had a chance to look at this scene issue. This is due to the complexities of Poll State and all that stuff. When you select (for example) preset 0, scene 2. The Axe-Fx reports "I'm on Preset 0, scene 2". The GT then looks at the current preset. Preset 0 on the GT sends PC 0, scene 1 to the Axe-Fx. The GT says "huh, we must have changed presets on the Axe-Fx" and searches for another preset on the GT that requests PC0, scene 1 and tries to switch to it.

It's very hard, maybe impossible, to get Poll State to work correctly in all cases. Unless I have a major breakthrough on this, the best workarounds are:

- Turn off Poll State
OR
- Turn on Ignore Incoming PCs
OR
- Always set Scene to None in each GT preset. If the GT can't find a preset that matches preset and scene number exactly, it won't try to switch presets when the Axe-Fx reports that it has changed scenes.

Back