Can't download firmware 4.6 for PBC/6X

CaliCaveman

Anyone else having any issues downloading the newest firmware? I click the links and nothing happens on any of them.

Well, I've rebooted, tried multiple browsers (chrome, and IE) with no luck. When I click anyone of your links for software, a new page flashes with "about:blank" and disappears very quickly, so it's like the redirect isn't working properly, which made me think perhaps the site. However, since you're not having issues with your attempts, it certainly points to something on my end, so I'll try a different machine on my end at this point. Thanks for the response. This is very odd though and I've never seen this behavior. I've turned off any software that could be involved and even tried incognito mode after flushing dns just in case I had something bad cached. Same redirect blip then close. Thanks for confirming the links are ok on your side though.

Well, I just tried a different machine with the exact same behavior. Now I'm definitely concerned this isn't just on my end.

Ok, so the original machine now works with IE as well. I'm not sure if anything changed, but I do have the file now using IE. I absolutely never use IE, lol,,,,,,sorry for all the responses.

So, the curiosity in me made me look at this a bit deeper in Chrome.

You can use the developer tools in the browser to enable a deeper dive into where the problem may be and when checking your site download section I get this error from Chrome:

GET https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/ 403 (Forbidden)
jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=3.3.2:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.3.2
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://www.rjmmusic.com/wp-content/themes/salient/js/maps/theia-sticky-sidebar.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

A 403 Forbidden error is usually caused by this:

What causes 403 Forbidden?
The simple reason why we are seeing this error is that you are trying to access something you don't have the permission for. Throwing a 403 forbidden error is your website's way of stating that you don't have enough permissions to proceed further. This error is basically due to: Incorrect file or folder permissions.

I'm not saying this is absolutely correct as we know downloading from a different browser works, but perhaps something in your website permissions should be reviewed for Chrome compatibility. I have the files from IE and checked Firefox as well and that also works. This is just a friendly post to let you know it appears that my Chrome browser is stating the website itself is preventing the downloads from occurring due to something on the website side. In the future, I'll just use a different browser, but thought I would share in case this is something that you may want to look into. I love your products, and just trying to help. :)

Back