CC Issue with Device 14

gluggi

When I try to use the Device 14 from the Mastermind PBC6x (regardless of the selected Midi channel number) I can't send out CC#17 and CC#18 correctly. Device 14 always sends value 0 for those two CC's. Other CC's like CC#16 work well but haven't testet every single CC.

I recorded the Midi Output of the Mastermind PBC6x to see what's going on. The CC number is sent on the correctly selected Midi channel, but the value is always 0, even if I send a value of 1, 10, 15, 127 or whatever. I can easily replicate this error.

If I use the same pedal on Device 13, both CC's are working fine.

It could be a bug certainly, but not one I've heard of happening before.

A couple of things to check for:
- Are you using the latest firmware? There have been memory corruption issues in the past that have caused odd random behavior
- Make sure that there aren't other buttons that also send the same CC with value 0. If your IA buttons have Send on Preset Change turned on, all of them will send their CCs but you will only see the last one come out as an actual MIDI message.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I'm using the latest firmware 4.5.0 for the PBC6x.

I've had an idea about the IA buttons because of your post. I've done a lot of testing.
I had a CC18 value 0 on button 1 for Device 14 on page 2. When I removed this, then CC18 values are suddenly working on page 1 again.
I've tested multiple times with adding, removing the CC18.

As far as I understand the page concept, they should be independent of each other, right?
Why does a button on page 2 with an CC IA action interfere with the same button on page 1?
Can you have a look on this?

All pages are active at all times, it doesn't matter which page you're currently viewing. The only exceptions to this are local pages - they're only active when the preset they belong to is active.

When you change presets, the Mastermind will scan through every button on every page (up to the Max Page setting in Global settings). Any button that has Send on Preset Change turned on will send its messages. If you don't want this behavior, you can turn ofd Send on Preset Change on those buttons.

Back