Certain Button Pages Noisy

JeffMarshMusic

Hi Ron,

I have certain button pages that are noisier than others when I toggle through the pages. The preset does not change, but noise is introduced depending on the page. Could it be the color of certain buttons? Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Jeff

Can't view the video - it says it's private. There are two potential noise sources - MIDI transmission and display dimming. Both should be able to be kept under control with good shielding, especially the MIDI noise.

Sorry Ron, I just changed the video to "unlisted" so you can view. My midi cable is the xlr that I bought from you. However the cables in my rack are off the shelf.

That does sound like display dimming. To dim the displays, or to get dark colors, we have to switch the display backlight on and off rapidly and that does broadcast some electromagnetic interference. The interference drops off pretty quickly as you move away from the unit, so my first suggestion is to start moving things away from the GT to see what's picking up the noise. Then, we can see if the shielding can be improved on the offending cable or device.

Also, changing your settings to not use dark colors would be a good test, and also a possible (if not ideal) solution.

Back