Chaining Masterminds for presets 1 - 10?

DRC

In the manual I see where multiple Masterminds can be used to access presets from different locations. But can a pair of MM's be chained so instead of only presets 1 to 5, I would be able use the first unit to give me 1-5 and the second to give me 6-10, then 11-15 & 16-20, etc.? Not sure how this would work.

I have been thinking about the new Mastermind GT coming out but to be honest I have so much invested in my RJM rig now and all I really need is 5 more presets available without scrolling to make this thing seemless.

At this point we don't offer that feature, but it's a good idea! I'd like to say that it's something I'll implement in the future, but with all the work I have ahead of me on the GT, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back to the original Mastermind.

I've been asking Ron for a regular MasterMind with just another row of preset / IA buttons for years ;) This would be a cool compromise though. On a related note, presumably there'd be nothing stopping you chaining two MasterMinds, having one in IA mode and one in standard preset mode?

I also like that idea of 8-10 pre-sets, this has been something on my mind for a while, having multiple clean, rhythm and lead presets with out banking up or down. I would be able to do most of our songs with just 1 bank (and some extra boost in case the drummer goes crazy during the song lol) Of course I like it now for being very compact, but if there was an add-on to the mastermind that would be sweet, a 4 or 6 button add on with out going to a huge pedal... I'm sure its easier said than done ;) I will definitely be considering the GT.

Back