Complete newbie

Atwilley81

Hey all,

So I am brand, brand new. I'm attempting to use my Mastermind GT-10 to control my Mesa boogie JP2c amp and using my axe effects 3 in 4 cable method for effects only. I have the midi to my amp disconnected at the moment trying to troubleshoot this issue. I was following the first video I found on YouTube from RJM about setting this up. I'm trying to copy the presets over from axe effects to the mastermind. When select which range of presets I want and try to start to copy it starts but nothing happens. It acts like it's not connected to the Axe 3. I have 2 midi cables, The Axe 3 Midi out goes to mastermind remote in, the master mind Midi out goes to axe 3 midi in. As a FYI I deleted all the presets that came with the axe and am just setting up my own in 4 cable method, so far I just have one preset which is number 0000. Thanks for helping a newbie.

Well I figured it out. One of the midi cables was not completely set, I really had to push it in there. I'm not a fan of these cables I have, any suggestions for high quality midi cables? It's like the length of it is just long enough, if it was a 1/4 inch longer you would know exactly when you were in all the way. Oh well, on to the next part of set up!

I was just about to post, but I'm happy to see it's working now! I prefer MIDI cables that have a full metal shell on their connectors. The cheaper plastic and metal ones have a number of issues. Best-tronics (www.btpa.com) would be my choice, but as long as they have metal connectors, you'll probably be a lot happier with them.

Back