Connection issues? Randomly switching banks when selecting presets.

teh_pleb

Hi everyone

Had some connection issues with my GT22 and my Axe Fx III Turbo and had the XLR 6-pin cable replaced. All was well for about the first half of a large outdoor show.

I wanted to switch presets (from my main electric preset to an acoustic preset), and all of a sudden my axe-fx switched to bank 126. Ran over to the axe and turned the big knob to go back to bank 1 and off we were again. Everything worked as it should.

The same thing happened when I switched back to the electric preset. After repeatedly pushing the ‘bank down’-button on the RJM and selecting the right preset, the same thing happened. Once again I was on my knees and selected the right preset manually on the Axe-Fx. Did anyone have this problem before? If so, how did you fix it? Seems to me like there’s still a connection issue between the Fractal and the RJM.

PS: when switching guitars, I push the tuner button to mute the signal. Twice during the gig I had a question mark instead of a note for pitch. This does not bode well. I’ll try my spare XLR 6-cable at the gig tomorrow.

It definitely sounds like a communication issue between the two devices. Trying another cable is definitely the next step.

Tried another cable today. Same result. As you can see from the video, I was expecting it to happen, since it happened a few minutes before. I got my phone out during the gig and filmed it, hence the fast moving.

I was on preset 1 (named CLEAN) - tuner was on, but the question mark popped up again (not for the entire gig though. Was very random) - and switched to preset 2 (named CRUNCH). Low and behold, the axe-fx jumped to preset 130. This is starting to become really frustrating.

I'm switching setups - good thing I have another one - with an FC-12 today, until I can fix this. Real bummer, because I really like the RJM. Just seems like something is wrong with mine.

Please send me your GT settings file. While the question mark seems more like hardware, the jump in presets seems like settings, relating to MIDI banks.

One possible quick fix is make sure that MIDI Receive Channel on the GT is set to None. A lot of people think that they should set it to the same channel as the Axe-Fx, but it shouldn't be enabled at all.

Back