Controlling the Axe FX III ( help needed )

Carl B

Just got the RJM LT to control my Axe Fx III. Was able to do most of what I need to get started but a few things.

First I’m not able to ‘’Get Preset Name’’. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here. It worked flawlessly with my PBC10. The right screen shows up but it doesn't load.

Also, I struggle to make the Scenes work smoothly. Basically I have page 2 set for Scenes. It sort of works but when I ‘’revert’’ back ( meaning passing from let’s say scene 5 to scene 1), I have to press twice to get the Axe FX responding. Though the Mastermind shows the newly selected scene with just one press. Basically, It works flawlessly if I go from a ‘’lower’’scene to a ‘’higher’’ scene but not the other way around ( I need to press twice ).

In my settings I created a group for the scenes and checked ‘’Send On Preset’’ and Update State On Preset Change’’. Previously I tried checking the CC Link box and also tried the Ia link box as well.

Last thing with scenes… When I change preset and go on my scene page, the LEDs indicate the last scene used in the previous preset. Any tips on how to match it to the new preset.

Finally. I set one of the switch to access the AXE FX’s tuner and it works great. Is there a way to get the tuner display on the Mastermind?

Thx

Carl

For the tuner and Get Preset Names, you'll need two cables between the Axe-Fx and LT, a phantom power box or a MIDI Y cable. Also, Bidirectional MIDI needs to be turned on in the LT if you use the latter two methods.

Your scenes issue sounds like you need to turn off "Send Off Messages" in the group's settings.

Everything works! Had a faulty MIDI cable. Just changed it and it fixed the ''Name Preset'' and Tuner. Followed the instructions for the scenes and couldn't be happier. Thx for the support. You guys are on it!!!

Cheers!

Hi again,

I just ran into a new little glitch I can't figure out. So I had everything working perfectly until I started to assign presets to different PC number. ( For instance I got preset #1 to access preset 31 on the Axe FX ). After I was done assigning everything ( 8 presets ), the LT would start at bank #5 ( preset 1 at bank number 5 ). I could access all my presets but its a bit odd that the banks have changed. What am I missing?

Have you tried powering down the LT and powering it back up again? There is some issue I have seen but not found yet where sending certain changes messes up banks until you restart it.

Back