Creating "Preset Zones" in Song Mode.

luca9583

Hi Ron

I'm using Preset + a lot to cycle through presets in Songs in Song mode.

This works great for singing and playing as the idea is that i don't want to look down at the GT at all during performance..so i just hit an external footswitch to cycle through presets.

However, sometimes i misfire the footswitch or just screw up cycling to the next preset in the heat of the moment, so i was wondering if it would be possible to set up "Preset Zones" in a similar style to having Preset and IA layout in given bank?

So for example, could the GT be set up so that per song the bottom row of buttons is a fixed group of presets not affected by Preset + ? So if i misfire and look down at the board, i have some "safety" presets to quickly get out of trouble?

The idea would be that Preset + cycles through all the presets that are not in the bottom row of buttons and when it reaches the last of those presets it then goes to the next Song as usual (in my case i actually have several "Songs" set up per tune), which again will have the "Safety" presets in the bottom row.

Was thinking a way of doing this might be to set up the bottom row of buttons to be IA buttons which actually behave as "IA Safety Presets" in that they each send several PC messages just like the presets they would imitate.

If so would different "IA presets" be possible per Song and also, would Preset + go through all the actual Presets in a Song as usual without going through the "IA Presets"

Back