Delay between sending PC and CC messages?

benno

I've got my Mastermind plugged in to a MIDX-10 (a custom midi/usb interface to control non class-compliant Roland gear (in my case a GP-10); see MIDX-10 Site and MIDX-10 on VGuitar Forums), however it does not appear to be passing through CC messages as part of patch changes. The PC messages get through fine. A few members on the VGuitar forums mentioned something about a delay between sending the PC and CC messages, and perhaps the unit isn't recognising or transmitting the CC messages because the delay is too short (as I understand it).
Does anyone have any idea on the delay between PC and CC messages when changing patches? I have my Mastermind set up so the the first PC message on Channel 1 controls the GP-10. PC2 and PC3 control a MEG and Strymon Timeline on separate midi channels. CC1 to CC5 are set to control the looper functions of the Timeline and CC6 to CC8 are occasionally used to control the GP-10 on Channel 1.
I would have though with this type of setup that there would be significant delay between PC1 and CC6 due to the number of midi messages being transmitted between them (although when changing patches CC1 to CC5 don't send anything. They're only used in IA mode).

Based on what I've heard at the VGuitar forums it appears I'm the only one with these kinds of issues. I'm not sure what midi controllers others are using.

Here are a couple of links to the VGuitar Forums where I've been asking about the issue:
My original query
First response
Second response (see also post immediately below from the creator of the MIDX-10)

Thanks for your help :)

Unfortunately, there's no way to change the speed at which the Mastermind sends messages. It sends them as fast as MIDI allows. I haven't heard of this being a problem, but it could be an issue if your device doesn't pay attention to incoming MIDI messages as it changes presets.

Back