Did I do something very wrong?

tandrewnichols

I've been playing with the mastermind the last few nights just to get the hang of it. Changed some settings (number of button pages, devices), added some button pages with a couple IA buttons, etc. Just simple stuff. I wrote it to the device. I also saved it to a settings.rjs file. Today when I launched the editor, all those changes were gone. I tried opening the settings file and nothing changed. I tried reading from the device and nothing changed. How is this possible? If it was one or the other, I'd think it was just corrupted or something. But both at once? Any ideas what happened?

No idea, I'm sorry to say, I've never heard of that happening before. The only thing I can think of that might be an issue is that the editor always starts up with factory reset settings. If you do things in the wrong order - for example, start the editor and write settings to device or save a file before you actually load the old settings, you would overwrite your settings.

Yeah, maybe I read the (default) settings first. That would explain half of it. I don't think I would've saved those settings. Or I should say, I think I would've noticed that the settings were wrong prior to saving them. It's not a big deal in terms of redoing the work cause it wasn't that much. I'm mostly thinking I'd like to know what happened so I don't do it again accidentally when I have more work invested.

Back