Display Color Issue

satch4u3

One of the displays on my Mastermind GT 16 is having some issues displaying certain colors that I program it to.

For example: When I set it to green it displays black, yellow is red, aqua is blue and white is purple. All other available colors are displaying correctly. Very strange. Any idea what could be going on here.

Also I am on the latest firmware.

It sounds like the green LED isn't working. The fix is either touch up a solder joint - if we're lucky, that's all it is - or, the displa has to be replaced. Where are you located, and how old is this GT?

It sounds like the green LED isn't working. The fix is either touch up a solder joint - if we're lucky, that's all it is - or, the displa has to be replaced. Where are you located, and how old is this GT?

I am located in Newfoundland, Canada. I purchased the GT16 directly from you guys on February 11th of this year.

I am pretty handy with a soldering iron if you want to point out what it is I need to look at exactly.

There are four large pins behind the LCD, and they control the backlight colors. The LCDs are soldered by hand, so on a rare occasion there could be a soldering issue on one of the pins. Check all four on the problem LCD and touch them up if there's anything that looks less than perfect. If they look fine like in the attached pic, then we will probably have to replace the LCD.MMGTLCDPins.jpeg

There are four large pins behind the LCD, and they control the backlight colors. The LCDs are soldered by hand, so on a rare occasion there could be a soldering issue on one of the pins. Check all four on the problem LCD and touch them up if there's anything that looks less than perfect. If they look fine like in the attached pic, then we will probably have to replace the LCD.View attachment 1435

I had a look at they all look good from what I can see.

Back