(Display-)Protection?

Sigitar

I don't know where exactly to post my question, so I'll do it here.
Is there a protection system for the masterminds? Like there is for Fractal products, for example...
How do you protect your displays? Do you do it at all?
Thank you in advance.

There's 3mm of acrylic between the LCDs and the outside world, so that offers a fair amount of protection. Something hitting the lens from the outside with enough force can still crack the LCD glass, but it protects from smaller impacts, scratches and the like.

A company did send us a sample of an acrylic sheet with magnets that's cut to fit the Mastermind GT. It seems like that sort of thing would work very well if you're worried about damage. I can dig up the information if you're interested.

Thanks, but I don't think it will be necessary.
I was thinking primarily of spilled liquids, but I don't think an overhead sign will help either.

Sukh Ryatt has a company called "ZenRigs" that makes screen protectors for a variety of devices including Fractal gear. He doesn't currently offer anything for MMGT pedals, but you could certainly ask him. I use his screen protectors on my AxeFX III and FM3, and they are very high quality. They are made from acrylic / plexiglass and attach with little neodymium magnets.
|
FULL DISCLOSURE: Sukh and I are friends, and while we live on different continents, we occasionally meet in London to perform quality tests of the UK beer supply and noodle on guitars (he is a ferociously talented rock guitarist!). I get nothing from recommending his products. Just like with the MMGT: it's a great controller, I pay full price for it, am happy to demo it during master classes, and will help others with programming / sysex setup. Humans helping humans!

Back