[DONE] External button global override on page

Victor Vos

If we had an external button global override on pages (rather than presets) the pages would realy be a set of buttons...

It used to work like that, until people requested that they be overridden per preset, like expression pedals are. :/

But, this was before we had local button pages, so everything probably requires some re-examination.

I see. Indeed if external buttons (and pedals) are linked to pages, a local page would link them to a preset.

I have an external button (at the tip of my pedal) that takes me to my scene page (and scene 2) and back home on a second press (and scene 1). If I get on the scene page in another way, the press on the external button does not bring me home as it is the first press...
There is probably a way to fix this but linking the external button to pages seemed logic to me..

On your scene page, set the action to System / Page Previous. (You can get the "Previous" value by pressing the "..." button next to the box where you type in page number. Then it will return to the previously selected page instead of a specific page.

Hi Ron, Is this an anwser to my momentary scene issue? Than I would say: " Yes but this 'previous' option is not present for CC values.. That would be on my wishlist!"

btw Apart from all my wishes I want to say I am really, really happy with the MMGT10!! Never seen anything like it.

We don't keep track of previous CC values for every CC that the controller sends, it could potentially take up a lot of memory. There's probably something we could do in the future - designating CCs that need to keep previous values, but it'll be something that would take a while.

The setlist / song selection is important though.. I have my presets and songs alphabetic and use different songs and set in different projects.. But I guess you have to write a firmware update for this..

ok, that is sad news, I hope you wil fix it eventually... This was a question I had before buying and your anwser helped me decide...
Meenwhile, I reordered the presets on the axefx, grouped per project and use preset menu...

Ok, please write a separate post about this feature here in the Wish List section so I don't forget about it. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to do, so I'll try to get it into the next release.

Back