[DONE] Remove number from main screen

Neill00

This had been discussed in another thread and you mentioned that it wouldn’t be that difficult to create a setting that would make the number in the main screen optional.

Has any more thought been given to this idea? I have in the meantime configured a workaround but it’s clunky and it seems to cause all the midi messages to be sent to my devices twice which means that there’s always a bit of a hiccup if we’re going from one song to the next quickly. I think it has to do with the fact that I am using “songs” to avoid showing numbers but using my iPad for my setlist.

Sorry, I haven't gotten to that yet. However, if I had a look at your settings, I probably could fix the double MIDI message problem for you.

Sorry, I haven't gotten to that yet. However, if I had a look at your settings, I probably could fix the double MIDI message problem for you.
How do I go about that? Just attached a saved backup file? Or just a screen shot of the settings from the editor?

Oh.., and please don’t apologize. I hate to sound like a whiny princess, this device is beyond amazing and makes my gigging life so easy. I was just checking in..,

It's been a bit but I'm attaching my file to see if you can tell my what I'm doing wrong with regard to the double midi messages being sent.

Attachments

• MMGT1004FEB22.rjs
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
I can only go by the sound, I don't really see it and I wouldn't know how to look for it. The issue is that when I change presets on the MMGT and start playing right away (sometimes we run songs together) my axe fx 3 will make a garbled sound like it's making changes and there’s a bit of a delay to it. To be honest, I wouldn't know if it's the PC or the CC or both. I also can't really say if it's sending the messages twice or just late. There's some reason that I concluded that it was sending twice but I don't recall at the moment what caused me to think that way. I don't know if it's also affecting my voicelive rack as the vocals never come in that quickly that I would notice it.
It could the inclusion of my iPad in the mix using the Bandhelper app. I use BandHelper to create setlists. So the way I have it rigged now is that BandHelper sends the message to MMGT to select the song on the MMGT which in turn selects the preset on the MMGT. Previously, it just selected the preset. I also use the MMGT to send some messages to the iPad to select next or previous song or to restart the current song. The delayed, garbled sound never happened when I was just selecting presets on the MMGT. I only worked the songs into the you get rid of the numbers.

Now that I think about it, one thing that may be a problem is that you have the Mastermind GT as a device in its own Devices list. I recommend removing that, it could be causing a problem (and there's no benefit to having it there). Setting MIDI Receive Channel as you've done is the only thing you need to do to allow control from Bandhelper.

I removed the MMGT as a device but the behaviour still exists. I also know why I concluded it was sending the messages twice. If I watch until display on the axe fx, I will see it change presets, there’s an expected glitch as the patch changes and then maybe half a second later the garbled sounds like the axe fx is reloading a bunch of stuff. Would it have anything to do with my “button timing settings”?

Nevermind about the "button timing settings" question, having given that a bit more thought I don't see how it would relate.

You have an awful lot of buttons that control Axe-Fx effects and also have Send on Preset Change turned on. Every time you change presets, every button on every page that has Send on Preset Change turned on will send its message(s) to the relevant device. There are reasons to do this in some cases, but generally you don't want to do this with an Axe-Fx.

The quickest solution is to try turning off "Send CCs on Preset Change" in Devices for the Axe-Fx. That will prevent any CCs from being sent to the Axe-Fx on preset changes, and it might be sufficient.

Ok if I turn that off it will still send the "IA stores" for all the various effects that I have engaged or disengaged for each preset?

OK when I turn that off and switch presets it doesn't seem to do my IA store changes. I use the same preset for most songs just switch up things on that preset, like amp blocks, drive blocks, drive on off, chorus on off etc. With "Send CCs on Preset Change" turned off all my patches sound the same. The garbled sound is gone, it sounds smooth switching presets which should narrow down where the problem lies in that it's more likely the CCs than the PCs.

I'm going to dive deeper in the iPad settings just to try to rule out any interference that could be causing. I'm certain this behaviour didn't occur when I was just selecting presets on the MMGT. That said I had to change from selecting presets from the iPad to selecting songs.

I've tested going back and forth between having my MMGT in song mode verses in preset mode and the problem exists in either state. I don't know if that should fix the problem or not. Perhaps there is no way to fix this and I'll need to rethink my setup and simplify it in such a way that I'm not using the IAs for anything that will affect the sound on changing patches ie; my starting rhythm tones. I'm guessing if it's making changes in blocks that are bypassed when the preset is loaded I wouldn't hear any glitches. And perhaps even for those I'll not use IA's but include those in the preset actions.

You're right, since you are making use of IA store, you can't turn off that feature.

Really, the best way to deal with this is to use a MIDI monitor. A USB to MIDI interface will allow us to see what's actually being sent by the GT.

It would also be helpful to do a direct comparison of selecting presets on the GT vs on the iPad to verify there is a difference. That would be a big clue if there was a difference.

If I bypass the iPad altogether and change from the MMGT it's the same behaviour. Let's suppose I decide to change things up and not make use of IA Store but find a different way around. Is the only way to disable all the "IA Store" settings to turn off the "Send CCs on Preset Change"? If I do this, I wouldn't be able to make CC changes via preset actions either, is this correct?

Back