Dry signal level can be changed when locked

Josh Demolar

I'm playing with a W/D/W setup, which isn't new necessarily but I've only more recently been playing often with three outputs. I'm going from the PBC 10's OUT 5-6 to a Goodwood Audio Isolator, which I can mute with a function switch on the PBC. This sends the dry signal back into loops 7-10 before going out to the dry amp and allows me to mute the dry amp separately from the dry signal running through the line mixer when I want to.

To make this work, I have the Dry Mix turned off and locked on the Audio tab of the editor when running three amps (I unlock it when only running two amps in stereo, so I only have to make that one global change in the editor when changing between stereo and W/D or W/D/W). I use Fn Switch 3 to *actually* kill dry on certain presets where I have any wet-only sounds.

The problem comes when I turn off my dry signal and turn it back on. I admit it's being done in a weird way - I have a macro that mutes my Isolator via Fn Switch 3 AND turns off the dry signal, and I know that turning off the dry signal doesn't (or shouldn't) do anything when it's already locked in the off state on the global audio settings. Yet when I turn it off and back on again, the dry signal actually does get louder even though the indicator on the PBC's screen shows the "D" block remaining off through the whole off-and-on-again process. It sounds as if the dry signal is being re-introduced to the line mixer even though the indicator remains in the "off" state. I have also tried this without my macro, using only the PBC's dry signal off feature and removing the Isolator/Fn Switch 3 from the equation. The issue is reproducible in this scenario too, so it definitely seems to be something with the PBC. Is this behavior by design or is there something going on where it allows the Dry signal to be turned back on even when it's locked in the "off" state?

I don't know of any specific issues regarding the dry signal mute, but I will look into it.

I can't reproduce the problem here - if the dry signal is locked, I can't get it to turn on.

Please make sure you have the latest firmware, and if that doesn't fix it, you can send me your settings if you like, and I can look into it further.

Sorry for the long delay in response, I had some upcoming things to play for and didn't want to update firmware, plus it took a while to find the time to record the issue. I tried my best to capture it in a video (please forgive the shoddy quality). Although in the video I'm still using 4.4 firmware and software, I have updated to 4.5 now and can still reproduce the issue.

Attachments

• dry_signal_issue.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Back