Dual lock for Mastermind PBC

How much dual lock would be required to mount the PBC to a pedaltrain?

Apply it just to the corners of the PBC or all across the width?

Last edited:
To give you a little more information... I have the 2 inch wide strips of dual lock. I just wanna know if applying the whole strip would be overkill.

In my mind, there is no such thing as overkill. If you move your board around a lot, why not lay it on thick? What’s it going to hurt?

I put about a square inch worth in each corner and another in the center of the unit, and I've had absolutely zero issues.

As the person who runs duallockpedalboard.com...haha...I would tell you to definitely not do the whole width. Especially if you don’t use the low profile stuff, if you ever want or need to take it off you’ll need a crowbar. :)

A single strip of 1” down each short side is great for me. 2” down each side might work too, but again I’d be careful.

I think I have 4 one-inch squares along the top (from corner to corner) and 4 more along the bottom. That's plenty for me, and I've been moving my board every week for 3 years with no hiccups.

I have a square inch on each corner and two more squares in the middle "for good measure." It's solid.

I wish i had read your message before i set it up. I used the 2 inch across the width and later had to move the pbc slightly. Ended up using the back end of a hammer to pry it off, which resulted in tiny scratches on both sides of my pbc. Now it’s back on the pedalboard in the perfect position for me. Sadly the same dual lock is still stuck on. Now i wish i hadnt used the entire strip, but no way in hell am i taking the pbc off it again to cut off some of the dual lock.

As the person who runs duallockpedalboard.com...haha...I would tell you to definitely not do the whole width. Especially if you don’t use the low profile stuff, if you ever want or need to take it off you’ll need a crowbar. :)

A single strip of 1” down each short side is great for me. 2” down each side might work too, but again I’d be careful.
^

I wish i had read your message before i set it up. I used the 2 inch across the width and later had to move the pbc slightly. Ended up using the back end of a hammer to pry it off, which resulted in tiny scratches on both sides of my pbc. Now it’s back on the pedalboard in the perfect position for me. Sadly the same dual lock is still stuck on. Now i wish i hadnt used the entire strip, but no way in hell am i taking the pbc off it again to cut off some of the dual lock.

Aw man, been there hate that.

FYI I almost always remove it my wedging a flathead screwdriver between the pieces of dual lock, rather than trying to rip them apart. Once you get it started it'll usually come off easily.

Aw man, been there hate that.

FYI I almost always remove it my wedging a flathead screwdriver between the pieces of dual lock, rather than trying to rip them apart. Once you get it started it'll usually come off easily.
Just tried the flathead screwdriver. Worked like a charm. Thanks again.

Back