Editor Question on presets and audio overrides

ekkomouse

I have updated the firmware to 3.1.4 and was going though my presets and noticed I have a lot of presets that have override arrows enabled but not necessarily the on/off override. I haven't ever gone through and messed with this section of the editor much so these must have been enabled during preset creation or updating firmware.

Can you tell me if the override arrow is enabled but not the on/off state in the audio section of each preset, will this change anything regarding the preset? Or is it a safety switch of sorts, turn on arrow first to enable the override?

Also, I have trails enabled on my global audio tab for loop 7 and 8 by default but these loops are not run in parallel for most presets which means there wont be trails until I enable parallel for that preset correct? Is this the right way to do it or should I disable these globally and just enable per preset?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k9pci1cp4td54rw/AAD3He12FxdrNo9Ba7l1r4wva?dl=0

Pics of the editor screenshots on the link, not sure how to get dropbox to display pics. In pics you can see loop 7 has the arrows enabled but not the loop on the preset as example. Some presets have multiple of these enabled and others have the loop off but the arrow and series/parallel enabled to override global audio.

The override arrow, by itself, sets whether the loop's global setting is overridden in that preset. The on/off setting determines whether the loop is forced on or off in that preset. It's possible, for example, that a loop is set to be on globally, and can be overridden to turn it off in specific presets. If the override arrow is turned on and the global and override settings are the same, then it's the same as if the loop was not overridden at all.

Trails has no effect if the loops aren't set to parallel, so you can leave that setting on globally if you like.

Back