Effect Gizmo-4 pedals amp input-6 pedals FX loop

cgscotto

Hello,
I have two MEGs, one for front of amp and one for the FX loop.I recently added another pedal to the FX loop, but obviously do not have 6 loops on the MEG to add the extra pedal. I am thinking about replacing the MEGs with an Effects Gizmo since it has 12 loops. All of your wiring diagrams, however, favor more pedals to the input and fewer in FX loop. I want to do the opposite. I drew a wiring diagram using your template, and I simply want to know if it will work. Moreover, if you know a better way of achieving what the diagram outlines, I would love to see your solution. Thanks.

Attachments

• EG_Blank copy.pdf
    940.8 KB · Views: 17
That should work fine, giving you 4 pedals in front, and 8 in the loop. If you're running with a fair amount of preamp gain, the Click Stopper may be a bit more effective if your effect loop send goes straight in to CS In, then CS Out to In 5-8. But, it'll still work in front of the preamp as you have it.

Just to be sure, I revised the diagram according to your suggestion. Is this correct? Your suggestion makes sense since that is exactly the problem I am having with the extra pedal in the FX loop. Prior to adding this pedal, I had no problem with pops when switching loops. With the FX send going into the first pedal and the pedal send going into the buffer on the MEG, I am getting pops when switching loops. I will try this.

Attachments

• EG_4X8 revised.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Back