Effect Gizmo and mono in/stereo out

I have a situation that I hope someone can help me with as I might not be thinking about this in the correct way.

I'm wiring up my Effect Gizmo and am stuck on my TC2290 being last in the chain as is my preference. The two units before the 2290 are proper stereo in/out. If I use a ts cable into the 2290, I'd lose one side of the stereo signal. If I use a TRS to TS, the signal would combine the left and right and I'd lose the stereo signal. Is there a clever workaround for this that doesn't involve a mixer?

Before trying to integrate the Effect Gizmo the path went like this:
preamp send (mono) to 2290
2290 stereo loop (mono send, stereo return) into TERC (mono in, stereo out)
TERC outs to TC1210 (full stereo)
1210 to RSP Intelliverb (full stereo)
RSP outs to 2290 loop returns (stereo)
2290 outs into preamp returns (stereo)

This setup works, but the switching is a little clumsy. Perhaps the path of least resistance is to use the FX Gizmo final loops for switching the non midi FX

If you're trying to feed a stereo signal into a mono input, there's nothing you can do, you're going to lose stereo separation. You could incorporate the 2290's loop into the switching to make it mimic your previous configuration, then you'd be feeding the effects into the 2290's stereo loop return. You would need to use one more loop - probably loop 8 for the 2290's input and loop send, and loop 12 for the 2290's loop return and output. Then put the stereo effects in loops 9-11.

Back