Effect Gizmo with 2 pedals, two preamps and two effects processors.

AllenColella

I am trying to apply a Rack Gizmo in a system with two pedals, two preamps, two stereo effects processors, one line mixer and one stereo power amp.

Here’s the general concept.

The guitar goes into the Rack Gizmo front input. Two loops will be used to for two overdrive pedals before the preamps.

After the overdrive pedal loops, instrument level gets sent to one of the two preamps. The line level outputs from the preamps return to the Effect Gizmo. The line level from whichever preamp is selected is sent to one or both of the effects processors along with a constant dry signal going to the line mixer. The outputs of the effects would go to the line mixer as well, of course.

Is this possible with the Effect Gizmo as is or would I need a splitter to split the instrument level signal after the pedal loops to feed both preamps? Could I use the Effect Gizmo to A/B the instrument level send out to the preamps and also A/B the line level return from the preamps before the sends out to the effects processors/dry signal?

Has anybody on here ever done anything similar to this? I think there might be a few ways to do this. I’m just trying to determine the best way to go about this.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Yes, you can do that. Just connect the preamps in the next two loops after the pedal loops. Then your effect processors connect to the next loops' sends. Effect processor's outputs go to the line mixer inputs. The Effect Gizmo's output (probably Out 5-8) connects to the line mixer as the dry signal.

Back