External Switch How To?

Dimitri Papadimitriou

Hello rjm forum,

So I just bought a two button, LED switch from Analog Endeavors AUX2RJM.

I plugged it into the back of PBC6X into the FN SW with a TRS cable. The other end goes into the new AE two button switch.

I'm combing through the manuals and read that you set this up in Globals? I just need some info because no matter what Im doing I cant get it to control anything. Do Where do I access or assign its functionality? On the buttons tab, I see on the right bank up and bank down out to the side on the editor screen and double clicked and see that it's controlling some things. Please help. Thanks!

Those two buttons on the side of the Buttons tab are what you need to change. Just double click them and edit them like you would any other button. The only difference is the color assignments. For the external switches, Black means "LED off" and any other color means "LED on"

Been trying but nothing happens when I click the buttons on the switch. They don't light up and it doesnt affect anything on the unit. It's the aux switch for rjm and I'm using a TRS to TRS cable. I'm setting something up wrong.

A couple of things come to mind:
- Make sure you're plugged into Ext Sw input and not Func Sw output.
- Bank buttons don't ever light up normally. Do the built in bank buttons do anything in your current configuration?

Back