External switch socket issue

denday831

Hi,

I have a MMGT-16. I have one of the buttons set to turn the boost on/off on my Helix HX-FX. It started turning on and off by itself during a rehearsal. I've narrowed down the problem to the external switch socket on the back of the unit. I had it set to do the same action on the boost so that I could have a switch away from my pedal board incase I wandered off during a solo.

I've taken the action off the external switch and the boost is working fine. I'm 99% sure it's the socket as I have rolled back the firmware (which includes a factory reset), tried a different action on the switch and cleaned the socket with sprayable Isopropyl Alcohol. The other external switch socket works correctly. It's attached to the button on the Mission Engineering SP-RJM. I moved the action for that onto the faulty socket and it too started turning off and on randomly.

I'm in the UK so I'd have to send it to Germany (Loopers Paradise) to repair so I just want to rule out software before I do. I've had my MMGT-16 for about a year now. It's probably 13 months old.

Video of fault is here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4T3RMkKJaYZ9A4fG7

I took the video before I realised it was the external switch.

Thanks,
Matt

It does seem to be a hardware problem, but it's very unlikely to be the connector itself. There's probably a component that needs to be replaced on the circuit board.

It does seem to be a hardware problem, but it's very unlikely to be the connector itself. There's probably a component that needs to be replaced on the circuit board.

Oh wow that bad. I take it Loopers paradise is the nearest registered repair centre to the UK?

Thanks
Matt

Back