External Switch Stopped Working

I use 2 external buttons via the external TRS connector and the tip circuit has stopped working. Everything has been working perfectly until now. Below are the items that I've tried to chase it down. Any help would be appreciated.

-switch #1(ring) is working, assigned to preset up and hold position is preset down, again works great
-switch #2 (tip) is assigned to the tuner, stopped working after approx 5 months with this set up
-tested switches at the switch contacts and at the end of TRS connector and both switches pass the beep test
-tried assigning new functions to both and #1 works but #2 does nothing
-inserted a different TRS cable and used a jumper wire to complete each circuit, ring to sleeve works but nothing from tip to sleeve

Any ideas or anything else I should try?

If you have a voltmeter, measuring the LT output from tip to sleeve would be helpful. The voltage should be 1 volt, give or take 0.1. Anything lower would indicate a hardware problem.

Yep, that's a problem. We can fix it for you, or if you or someone you know has surface mount soldering skills, I can tell you what needs to be replaced.

Back